Director Nursing Behavioral Health
Directs the organization, coordination and administration of patient care. Serves as resource to nurse managers, clinical specialists, educators and staff regarding nursing practice. Oversees daily operations in conjunction with nurse managers. Ensures that nursing and clinical practice are in accordance with the philosophy, standards and goals.
- Assists with direction, coordination and management of all nursing areas.
- Provides supervision and acts as a resource to nurse managers, educators, clinical specialists, and staff.
- Collaborates with leadership team regarding; budget review, personnel management, monitoring of productivity and staff development.
- Ensures communication, cooperation and understanding among staff.
- Monitors adherence to CC and Nursing Institute policies and procedures. Promotes ongoing professional development of staff at all levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN with Master's degreerequired.
- Current state licensure as an Registered Nurse (RN).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work autonomously.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Four years of recent clinical experience and at least one year of health care management experiencerequired.
- Clinical experience in specialty area of position preferred.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.