Job Title: Product Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
Experience Level (Years): 10+ years
- Manage the all aspects of the Advanced Development and Product Development Process.
- Utilize Product Engineeringexperience to support Program Management, Sales, and Commercial.
- Support the continuous improvement of Advanced Engineering process.
- Support customer visits that coincide with new product development initiatives.
- Support Program Management, Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing, commercial, etc. with product engineering related material. Responsible to lead product design with cross functional teams from concept through design completion and validation. Responsible to communicate with customer on all product design related material.
- The ideal candidate will embrace a Mechanical Engineering role and accept the responsibilities that are contained within the team, which typically focuses on new product technology. This person would also be responsible to service both internal and external customers.
- The preferred individual will immediately be added as a team member to support on Strategic projects, as well as, many other approved assignments that need immediate engineeringsupport.
- This individual would assist the internal teams to ensure a design will meet and or exceed all mechanical related aspects of the projects.
- The preffered individual should have experience in working on electro-mechanical components like inside and outside door handles – including next generation passive entry and electronics integration, exterior mirrors, body side moldings, fuel doors, rear upper spoils and rear access systems.
- The resource would engage with product design related concerns and issues on the conductive sense activities.
- Reference: This project will support all OEM’s that have current interest.
- The approved candidate will also engage with other aspects of the Advanced Engineering group.
- Possess strong & effective communication skills and wouldn’t have any issues with manufacturing discussions.
- Looking for a proactive, energetic, and highly motivated individual. Driven by success. Experience.
- Effective team player that is confident and respectful to others. Would fit well in the customer culture.
- Characteristics that come to mind: Assertive, Mature, Driven, Creative, Ambitious, Honest, Trustworthy, and highly motivated.
- Has a proven and successful track history.
- Creative individual that can think outside the box. Cradle to grave experience.
- Has experience with automotive and preferably products that have similarities to ours.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering related field.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering.