POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Division President, This position will develop and implement strategic and tactical operational plans to ensure departmental goals are achieved. The position is accountable for leading the design and implementation of improved processes or operational policies for Customer Service across the business area. Manages overall workflow of the departments and ensures that workflow processes facilitate effective and efficient use of corporate resources and enhance customer satisfaction. Monitors departments’ performance and recommends changes, develops solutions, and implements action steps to resolve problems. Reviews processes and procedures and proactively and initiates activities to streamline process flow. Provides leadership and direction to a diverse staff that includes Managers and Supervisors. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create the future customer service organizational structure
- Drive continuous improvement and championing positive change to improve service levels, increase customer satisfaction, reduce resolution times, lower overall operating costs, and increase revenue growth
- Develop customer service objectives and establishing clear metrics for managing the customer service department
- Develop proactive plans and schedules to improve customer experience in all touch points
- Collaborate with Marketing to measure customer satisfaction and collect customer feedback for each area of the business.
- Establish and lead customer service training programs and new hire onboarding programs for the customer service department
- Develop, own, and execute an effective staffing plan for Customer Service using data driven forecasting techniques
- Measure effectiveness of the customer service function by refining operational metrics for the team, developing reporting analytics and providing status updates to the leadership team.
- Identify and implement industry best practices, strategies and processes to support a best-in-class service experience.
- Maintain and improve in-depth product knowledgebase
- Manage third party vendor relationships.
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of company systems, processes, and products
- Proactively provide feedback across departments regarding customer concerns and user experience
- Serve as an escalation point for critical customer issues; serve as a liaison to other internal departments and stakeholders
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service team members both in-house and for seasonal and promotional work including assessing training and development needs
: REQUIREMENTS (to include educational requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required
- 10 or more years of experience in a world class customer service environment required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a large, complex, customer service team
- Significant and demonstrated experience attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent
- Demonstrated ability to quantify and drive customer experience performance improvement (i.e KPI’s; Score Carding; etc.)
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to apply quantitative approach to measuring customer experience, product usage and customer satisfaction to drive improved performance
- Proven change management skills including people, process, systems and performance measurements
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and drive decisions in an organization; significant experience leading cross functional groups and projects
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service processes including development and execution of strategy and processes
- Ability to analyze and apply a broad organizational and business perspective to identify and maintain focus on key drivers of organizational performance.
- The ability to motivate, energize, align and promote change in others related to a common purpose and objectives.
- Demonstrated performance data analytical skills
- Ability to travel 10%
Primary Location: North America-US-OH-Solon
Job Type: Standard
Schedule: Full-time Travel Frequency: 5 to 25%
Job Number: 02311