Customer Service & Applications Engineering Manager - Crane & Engineered Hoist Products
The Customer Service & Applications Engineering Manager-Crane & Engineered Hoist Products is responsible for managing a team of Customer Advocates and Application Engineers that support the CMCO Engineered Product Sales Teams and customer channel.
The focus is on driving opportunity win (hit) rate, owning the order-to-shipment life cycle, and growing CMCO market share through a national network of crane builders, who are expert in the sales, installation, service and repair of bridge crane systems, gantry cranes, and jib cranes – mostly used in under-roof applications.
This is accomplished through providing consistently positive customer experiences.
Essential duties andresponsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Foster a culture of responsive, consultative, customer advocacy and technical application support that enables our channel partners to promote and sell CMCO engineered products.
- Develop a team of functional leaders that handle quotations / application engineering, customer advocacy, order fulfilment, and aftermarket parts support
- Increase CMCO’s application competency in wire rope hoists, bridge crane components and controls, enabling us to both consider the most competitive product solution options, and also to ensure that customers are equipped to install and operate our products completely and on time – every time.
- Build strong direct support relationships with CMCO Sales Leaders, cross-functional peers, and key channel partners / customers.
- Work closely with Management to create, maintain and share key performance metrics that provide visibility to opportunity win rate, work flow rates, backlog, responsiveness, and overall business activity
- Support and drive CMCO’s strategic vision and direction, of creatively and urgently competing to win every sales opportunity, and owning / monitoring the opportunity life cycle from RFQ to order shipment.
- Develop, maintain and enforce adherence to key standard work processes (SWP’s) that ensure high quality and consistent accuracy through all transactions and customer interactions
- Carry out all management-related personnel functions including staff management and retention, annual performance appraisals, development and coaching plans, and overall employee enrichment.
- Control department expenses within the budget established by CMCO Management
- Support Management in maintaining profitability through quoting accuracy and impact analysis of special, competitive pricing opportunities
- Assist in leading CMCO through an ERP system conversion, and transition from manual documentation to electronic tools and documentation flow (SAP).
- Bachelor’s degree (4 year) required; Minimum 5 years of experience supervising / managing / developing Customer Service or Application Engineering teams;
- Experience working in a crane builder environment, preferably in a sales (inside or outside), application engineering, project management, or customer service capacity will be given prioritized consideration.
- Expertise in the use of PC programs such as Microsoft platform (Excel, Access and Word) are preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering specifications, bills of materials, product operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports, quotations and correspondence; Ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing, as well as to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Excellent organizational skills are also needed.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to engineering specifications, and also with cost/margin calculations as they relate to pricing.
Ability to work well with others, including team members, internal and external customers, with a positive attitude and goal towards meeting customer needs and working within the department to meet CMCO Corporate goals and objectives. Needs the ability to motivate, give constructive feedback to others, and assist Management in creating and maintaining a constant developmental environment for all employees. Columbus McKinnon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence victim status or status as a protected veteran or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Id: 426.