We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Development and support of a mission critical JEE, Java / web based application including,
programming, analysis, design, testing, documentation and implementation.
• Creation of technical specifications, estimates, test scripts and system documentation.
• Participation in system and application design, technical processes and procedures.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Solid understanding and working application of Object Orientation principals and concepts.
• Solid understanding and working application of software programming, analysis , design
concepts and best practices.
• Sound logic skills specifically as applied to programming/software development.
• Experienced in Java/JEE based development/support in a mission critical environment (Three
• Participation in multi-tired system and application architecture.
• Familiar with Application servers, web services, MVC, code repositories, standard IDE,
relational databases and SDLC.
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral and comprehension communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Flexibility, self-motivated, and has the ability to give and receive feedback
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team member
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at thecenter of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share thechallenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All ofour professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.