Sr. Cisco Network and Voice Engineer
Align Technology is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry. Align Technology is looking for a Senior Cisco Network & Voice Engineer for our expanding Raleigh, NC office. This exciting new role would be part of a culture that is helping to improve lives every day through digital dentistry. The Sr. Cisco Network & Voice Engineer is responsible for the design, architecture, planning, roadmap and product life cycle of the network and VoIP infrastructure of the company. Align with Industry best practices in product selection, standardization, design and implementation of given infrastructure system. Work closely with Cisco and key partners on technology, industry trend, product roadmap, product designs, and future capability that ensure the infrastructure is developed according to defined strategy that meet the business requirements. Build the environment to scale for the future in terms of reliability, growth, performance and productivity. Build the product delivery methodology with key partners from product inception to sustaining. Oversee the Enterprise NetworkArchitecture environment consists of: Core Network Arch, Routing/Switching Arch, WAN/MAN Arch, WAFS/WADS Arch, IOS/CFG Standardization, MPLS/IP-VPN/DMVPN, VoIP/QoS, IP Telephony/Unified Messaging/Voice Mail/Call Center, WiFi, Radius/802.1x, Content Delivery Arch, Global Load Balancing, Remote Access/VPN, Extranet/DMZ Arch, IPS/IDS/FW Application Intelligence, Video Conferencing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Design, Planning, Development, Implementation, Optimization and Support of the Network Arch Core/Distribution/Access, Routing/Switching, WAN/WADS/WFAS, IOS/CFG Standardization, MPLS/IP-VPN/DMVPN, VoIP/QoS, IP Telephony/Unified Messaging/Voice Mail, WiFi, Radius/802.1x, Content Delivery, Global Load Balancing, Remote Access/VPN, Extranet/DMZ, IPS/IDS/FW Application Intelligence, Video Conferencing, etc.
- Establish standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures for operation of Network / Security Systems Infrastructure.
- Build and maintain partnerships with Cisco and other key vendors on accelerating product evaluation, product design, proof of concepts, and implementation strategy with hand-off into sustaining handled by ITG operations.
- Build partnership with Data Center partners and drive the long-term strategy towards hosted managed service utility computing architecture as applicable for the Network Topology and connectivity needs.
- Responsible for training program and knowledge transfer, including AS-Built documentation during product development phase, ensure smooth hand-off with Junior Systems Engineers and Help Desk if required.
- Manage Performance tuning and Capacity Planning of production systems. Optimize architecture and maximize our computing resources.
- Design, Planning and Standardization of Highly Available, Load balance, Reliable Networking Systems with automated failover capability.
- Provide architecture and technology insight assistance and response to inquires from internal departments and organizations. Work with Industry analysts, vendors and partners on issues relating to the Network and SecurityInfrastructure.
- Project management of key NetworkInfrastructure programs. Interface with ITG Ops and key outsourcing partners for effective deployment methodology and product delivery.
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders on best practice and adoption of proactive Monitoring and Notification of Fault / Event management using tools and writing programs.
- Implement improved methods and tools for the troubleshooting and researching of problems.
- Responsible for the Network and SecurityInfrastructure Backup/Recovery and Disaster Recovery.
- Optimize Application performance through application certification methodology and tools in alignment with company Application portfolio.
- Managing the vendor relationships, vendor driven projects and outsourcing activities
- Manage cross-functional projects / teams.
- Ensures the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned to the group.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advocate and articulate Cisco Voice Solutions and Strategy by providing in depth and high level technical and business interface with customer case.
- Understand and Articulate Cisco's Architectures and Services
- Participate / Key contributor on InfrastructureRFI/RFP
- Provide tier 1-4support for top technical issues in Network Data/Voice areas through working withinternal and external resources
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 8+ years in architecting Data/Voice Networking, and InfrastructureSecurity solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), Switching environment, Multicasting is required (PIM).
- Strong experience in datacenter architecture, spanning-tree tuning and load-balancers.
- Strong experience with Cisco platforms, Catalyst 6500 series, 4XXX, 37xx, 38xx, Nexus 7000, 5000, 1000 etc.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls such as Cisco ASAs and Cisco Security Manager, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Strong experience working hand-in-hand with a development team.
- Strong experience in Securityengineering for network based IDS, AV and Content filtering proxy hardware solutions (Websense, Bluecoat, Surfcontrol), including scripting and policy implementation, Hands on deployment of Cisco ACS, RSA SecureID and Palo Alto GlobalProtect gateways.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Voice Mail, Unified Messaging design and configuration, Cisco IPCC/UCCE design and configuration, and Polycom video conferencing.
- In-depth knowledge of voice concepts and terminology such as SIP, H.323, RTP, RTCP, and CODEC protocols.
- Strong experience deploying end-to-end QoS for real-time voice and video traffic.
- Candidates must have strong knowledge in VoIP, QoS, and MPLS WANnetworks, interacting with Telco and global WAN carriers.
- Expertise in WiFi deployments, 802.1x, EAP-PEAP, TLS, certificate-based authentication, and Cisco or other vendor NAC solutions.
- Experience in Network monitoring processes and tools (e.g. HP Openview, CiscoWorks, Compuware Vantage, OPNet, Nagios etc).
- Strong project management experience with large Network deployment projects.
- Familiarity with core protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, CIFS, DFS) and WANacceleration (WAFS).
- Strong understanding of DHCP/DNS.
- Working knowledge of scriptinglanguages (PERL, Expect, Tcl, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job ID P138197