Transportation / Highway Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
CANDIDATE MUST -
- BE REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (PE) IN TEXAS
- HAVE 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- HAVE TRANSPORTATION / HIGHWAY DESIGN EXPEREINCE
- BE PROFICIENT IN MICROSTATION AND GEOPAK
- HAVE CURRENT EXPERIENCE IN CORRIDOR MODELING OR INROADS
Independently performs assignments requiring the application of standard design engineering techniques for a small project or selected segments of a larger project. The incumbent must be capable of exercising independent judgment in evaluating, selecting, and applying standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to make minor design adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
May provide coordination or some technical guidance to less experienced designers, specialists and engineers.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, or equivalent.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Normally requires a minimum of 4 years of experience in Civil/Structural Engineering (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). Registration as a licensed professional engineer is required. This is the journey level of civil/structural engineering and requires limited experience in utilizing various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
- Prepares technical specifications for review and approval.
- Evaluates vendors’ bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of project.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services activities.
- Assists with development of design guides, guide specifications, and design control procedures.