Job ID: EN_US_1704038
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
This role ensures the safety, quality, and productivity required to meet internal and external demands and regulations. This includes optimization of the processes with the required changes and/or modifications to maintain sustainable continuous improvement and a lean environment. This will be accomplished by evaluating and troubleshooting production and equipment data to identify opportunities for improvements, propose modifications, and/or process changes. The role supports production processes in the AO Formgiving production unit.
This position will work in a group environment on-site with operators, maintenance, engineers, chemists, contractors, vendors, and management to collect information and troubleshoot issues. There will also be significant interaction with other business functions including Product Management, Quality, Supply Chain and Corporate EHS. This information will be utilized independently and in team settings to engineer corrections/improvements to ongoing issues and develop sustainable solutions to prevent reoccurring failures.
Production Manager (1704038) – McIntosh, AL
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Assist with improving and achieving Production conformance to schedule by monitoring daily production downtime/operations efficiency through the troubleshooting process and equipment operability issues, identify root causes, and implement solutions.
- Provide technical support and guidance to operators, maintenance, and chemist to support production requirements.
- Provide leadership to Operations team including Operations Engineer and front-line leadership.
- Monitor all aspects of production to identify improvement opportunities and make recommendations to support continuous improvement with safety performance, regulatory compliance, quality, efficiency, throughput, equipment reliability, waste reduction, and operating cost.
- Support and guide operations during nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Participate in/lead AIM's (RCA) investigations, management of change, PSSR's, and participate in PHA's.
- Participate in PSM/RMP and BASF EHS auditing process.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believeinvesting in you isinvesting in our success.Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand yournetworkand build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, with at least 3years of experience in a manufacturing environment Or Bachelor’s degree with at least 5years of manufacturing and/or leading teams OR Associate’s degree with at least 8years of experience of manufacturing and/or leading teams will be considered.
- Results-oriented with strong implementation skills
- Experience with automation/computer systems is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A high level of influencing skills to achieve results without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment, working closely with mechanics, operators, engineers, and management to solve problems and address systemic issues related to equipment reliability.
- Must have a sound technical knowledge of instrumentation, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.