We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
As Simple’s Compliance Assurance Program Manager, you will build out a program to ensure that regulatory compliance risks are identified, monitored, mitigated, and reported out on an ongoing basis. In addition, you will coordinate and perform compliance monitoring and testing of laws, rules and regulations governing Simple’s products and services.
This position will report to Simple’s Compliance Officer and frequently collaborate with a community of compliance professionals at Simple and our partner Bank BBVA Compass. You will also work closely with various departments up to Senior Management. You will be part of the Compliance leadership team and help shape Simple’s culture of compliance.
The Compliance Team at Simple consists of people that are passionate about creating sound compliance solutions to manage risk in innovative technology. Our work helps people feel more confident with their financial lives.
You are a compliance or audit professional interested in creating an industry leading approach to ensuring strong regulatory risk management in a dynamic, innovative fintech leader. You can create structure out of ambiguity. You have an eye for detail and can also step back to see larger trends. You enjoy coaching others on compliance risks and best practices.
What you'll do all day:
- Manage and assist with compliance testing and monitoring of regulatory obligations
- Manage, develop, and implement tools for evaluating and mitigating compliance risks with a primary focus on building out a testing and monitoring program focusing on financial compliance (e.g., Reg DD, Reg E, TILA/Reg Z, UDAAP, FCRA/Regulation V, GLBA, BSA/AML, OFAC, etc.)
- Report results of monitoring and testing to management and other partners in written and verbal format
- Perform remediation testing and follow up to ensure the business unit is addressing outstanding compliance risks
- Support other key compliance and risk management projects as needed
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization
We'd like to see:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; CIA, CRCM or Juris Doctor preferred.
- 4-5 years of experience as a financial services compliance professional, bank regulator or other comparable legal or audit experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under strict deadlines and in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, particularly with large data sets
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with financial regulations (ie. ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, GLBA, etc.)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work
- Based in Portland, Oregon-- a beautiful place to live and work (or just see in the background if you work remotely).
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life--both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.