• Create a list of software components, and the plan for development and deployment of each component in the software structure.
• Create and maintain a description of the software architecture, software memory map, and define the safety and control data flows.
• Responsible for verifying that the software architecture design meets all derived software requirements (performance, throughput/latency, sleep).
• Perform the safety analysis of the software design and develop the software architecture, that addresses software safety requirements.
• Understanding of ISO26262 Functional Safety standard is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 7+ years of experience developing embedded Software in C or C++
• Familiar with embedded software C-compilers and debuggers
• Experience with CAN/LIN/FlexRay communication protocols and tools – preferred
• Experience with SPI inter-processor communications – preferred
• Experience with OSEK-compliant embedded RTOS or similar – preferred
• Strong work ethic focused on quality software development required
• Familiar with Automotive SPICE and/or CMMI development process requirements
• Familiar with Autosar concepts – preferred
• Experience following ISO 26262 Functional Safety standard (or similar) required
• Ability to work across time zones with other software engineers required
• Experience with Agile development