Clinical Informatics Optimization Analyst
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 08/09/17
Altamonte Springs, FL
5 - 7 years experience
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 08/09/17
Job Posting: Full-time
- Serves as a contributing member of the Clinical Informatics Optimization team, dedicated to the development of electronic documentation solutions that support clinical workflow and practice and align with the current best practice standards.
- Proficient in PowerChart, FirstNet and other applications from an end-user perspective
- Maintain general knowledge of Cerner build tools to connect front and backend of Cerner functionality
- Apply Informatics perspective using above mentioned knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of processes within various hospital/outpatient settings
- Facilitate and conduct patient care process design and review activities
- Facilitate cross functional team sessions and ensure that teams impacted by process change are included
- Participates in decisions made by the departmental/cross-functional teams. Provide a bridge between the teams for decisions that impact multiple teams.
- Lead Optimization project logistics such as project timelines, agenda development, production and distribution of meeting minutes and documents and preparation of reports on project status and activities to various audiences.
- Collaborates with hospital leadership, physicians, clinicians, end users, vendors and associates to develop and deploy electronic applications or new functionality.
- Communicates regularly with team stakeholders and executive sponsors about team progress toward goal achievement, critical factors and obstacles.
- Analyzes and reviews with Informatics Optimization manager assigned projects to determine the most effective method for timely completion. Ensures solutions are designed to fit needs of the client in accordance with policies and standards
- Presents to Leadership or Steering Committees as appropriate
- Optimization Project Analysis
- Develops executive summary and scope documents including identification of stakeholders, assessment of resource needs, and implementation timelines.
- Assess clinical workflow processes, identifies gaps, defines necessary process changes, and develops current and future state workflows related to the implementation of new solutions or functionality.
- Identify implications of process changes (gap analysis) on software (apps) and hardware (devices)
- Optimization Project Design
- Design future state processes
- Develops the analytic and measurement strategy for all projects assigned including development of key metrics, identification of data sources and collection of baseline data for Return on Investment (ROI)
- Engage appropriate audience in Future State review
- Ensure appropriate application testing of Future State is complete/appropriate
- Optimization Project Training andEducation
- Assists the training team in the preparation of training materials and provide education on optimized functionality.
- Ensures that Workflow process is connected
- Assist/conducts train-the-trainer, super-user, upgrade and/or other training as appropriate.
- Optimization Project Go-Live and Post Go-Live
- Assists with coordination of process and communication within go live activities
- Participates in Go-Live activities
- Facilitates post go live follow up sessions
- Collaborates with Project Manager on lessons learned
- Able to work well with people at all levels of the organization and lead group efforts toward the resolution of complex problems in a professional, courteous, and impartial manner.
- Self-motivated, able to multitask including assistance to other areas as needed. Enters worked time in Project Online.
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with team members and customers. Maintains awareness of responsibilities and project status including any potential delays, situations or concerns that may affect their outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the IT department. Automatically looks for extra work as workload permits.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Clear and concise communication
- Problem solving
- Strong organization
- Perform under tight timelines
- Lead small groups and projects
- Clinical and technical workflow
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Cerner Suite of Applications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Healthcare operations, Finance and Budget, Information Technology, and Process Improvement
- Stakeholder and end-user relationship development
- PDSA or other continuous process improvement methodologies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Registered Nurse - OB, Inpatient, Pediatrics, Case Managment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5-7 years’ exposure to clinical setting/environmentEDUCATION PREFERRED:
- MSN or MBA
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Completion of one professional certification or equivalent within three years and maintenance of certification thereafter if applicable. LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- ANCC or CPHIMS
- Cerner Certification