Under the supervision of the PACE Senior Nurse Manager, oversees the day to day operations of the PACE In-Home Services program. Responsible for all in-home services staff, including RNs, LPNs, Schedulers and Office Assistants. Assists leadership in the policy formation, program development and implementation and annual budgeting. Provides supervisory visits to home care staff (RN, LPN, UCP) in the field to evaluate skills, customer service and general performance. Assists with initial, annual and change in condition assessments as needed in the participant's home environment. Coordinates plan of care with appropriate community resources and the IDT. Acts as the liaison between any contract agencies and PACE, including facility settings such as assisted living and nursing facilities. When appropriate, provides direct care and education to participants and families in the home setting and documents accordingly in the medical record. Communicates changes in participant condition and progress to the IDT and Home Care team members. In the absence of the Sr. Nurse Manager may function in that role as requested by the Site Director. Supports and lives out the Riverside Care Difference.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing - If hired, employee agrees to obtain his or her Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree no later than 5 years (60 months) from date of hire.
- Licensed RN or board eligible by the State of Virginia or compact state.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Current valid drivers license and acceptable driving record required upon hire and to be maintained throughout employment.
- Must have reliable transportation to make visits to patient's homes as needed.
- Must have minimum of 1 year working experience with the frail and elderly population.
- 5 years of RN nursing experience in healthcare, preferably in a geriatric or community setting (home, residential or acute) required.
- 15+ years of LPN experience and/or healthcare management experience will be considered in lieu of 5 years of RN nursing experience.
- 2 years of managerial experience in healthcare, preferably in a geriatric or community setting (home, residential or acute) required.
- 2+ years home care nursing experience highly preferred.