The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26.5 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
It's a Question of Taste
Do more, be more. Whatever your aspirations, experience something exceptional at Kraft Heinz. We'll give you the freedom to determine your own direction and deliver in your own style. Outperform our expectations and you'll move forward faster than you ever thought possible. Come ready to dream. Come eager to grow.
Get a taste of what your career could be at kraftheinzcompany.com/careers.
The Customer Category Manager (CCM) is responsible for the selling efforts with their assigned customer as a member of a Customer Business Team (CBT). The position represents Kraft Foods to the Customer’s Category Management and Buying Office personnel. The CCM manages assigned categories and responsibilities effectively and acts as a liaison between Kraft CBT and the Customer’s HQ Team. They will be responsible for all the selling activities across the Kraft portfolio for their assigned customer. The CCM delivers revenue and share objectives, pursues business strategies to grow the company franchises through the use of customer-specific programs, provides category management expertise to the customer, ensures that coordinated cross-functional sales value is delivered to the customer through implementation of the sales plan and shelving objectives.
- Effectively penetrate the customer to build rapport at all levels and to fully understand the customer, their business, and the marketplace
- Aggressively pursue and lead their assigned customer in achievement of Base Business Objectives. (Revenue and Share Growth, Authorizations, Distribution, Optimal Shelving)
- Regular category & business reviews with the customer category managers & key account management personnel to affect positive business growth.
- Responsible for leading implementation of Space Management Projects for all assigned categories for assigned customer.
- Achieve CBT New Item Authorization and Distribution goals with their assigned customer.
- Achieve promotional revenue objectives by tactic, price point, Drive Period & Selling Event for their assigned categories and customer.
- Effectively execute Kraft pricing strategies for all assigned categories for the customer.
- Work with Retail Team to effectively manage retail execution of all assigned category objectives for the customer.
- Responsible for maintaining files and business documentation as directed by Kraft Policy & the CBT to thoroughly document business transactions with the customer.
- 3 + years of experience in customer management, account management, and/or retailsales management for a CPG company.
- Strong sales background with an excellent understanding of business processes and Category Management.
- Experience in effective customer management and selling to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work independently and to plan, organize and set/achieve priorities when performing work
- Superior interpersonal skills (written, verbal, presentation); ability to work within a Customer Business Team framework.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the Customer and gain their trust and respect
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills; Use and understanding of syndicated data; develop comprehensive business plans by analyzing category and brand performance and influences customer to achieve category objectives.
- Willing to travel 10-20% out of the area.