Site Acquisition Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Information Services
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed networkoperators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks.
Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Site Acquisition Manager is a leading and supporting role regarding technical topics and solutions within a network implementation organization. The job role is used for Wireline, Wireless and Transmission, Network deployment and can be adapted and used for managing all implementation services related to Civil Works and construction of cell sites. It is responsible for management of activities and personnel both from Ericsson, customers and suppliers in accordance to Ericsson requirements and customer contract.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Responsible for all Site Acquisition and associated activities on given projects, from RF design to acceptance of the NTP (Notice to Proceed)
- Ensure that Site Acquisition related Service Providers are adhering to Ericsson processes and procedures, measure progress against the baselines and look for continuous improvement opportunities. Thoroughly understand Ericsson’s vendor facing scope of work for site acquisition and A&E suppliers.
- Coordinate work with the Service Providers and any other disciplines that interface with the Site Acquisition group
- Manage all site acquisition activities including but not limited to the following:
- Audit Site File, review RFDS, and redline
- Lead initial design site walk and coordinate proposed A&E solution with Ericsson construction manager
- Review and/or assist in the preparation of Scope of Work (SOW)
- Coordinate and enforce deliverable deadlines for A&E services and deliverables
- Review A&E deliverables such as lease exhibit, construction drawings, structural analysis, etc.
- Evaluate engineering requirements (assessment or analysis required)
- Coordinate and prepare submittal documents (landlord (LL), jurisdictional, and regulatory)
- Notify LL (preparation, submittal and tracking to LL acknowledgement of receipt)
- Obtain LL consent (preparation, document submittal and tracking to LL acknowledgement of consent)
- Obtain LL lease agreement (preparation, document submittal and tracking to LL)
- Obtain jurisdictional approval up to and including zoning and BP or EP submission and approval
- Obtain regulatory approvals (NEPA, SHPO, Phase 1, etc.)
- Identify and manage all work required to complete and acquire NTP
- Support NTP hand off to services delivery construction team
- Provide LL or regulatory agency assistance to the civil work and installation teams, including site access, design modification negotiation and approvals
- Review and approve all SP’s Close Out Package (COP) documents
- Manage site acquisition Service Providers and ensure that contract requirements, specifications, and milestones for Site Acquisition are met
- Resolve problems encountered by the Service Providers
- Ensure that the agreed implementation schedules and guidelines are followed and enforced
- Prepare regular daily/weekly/monthly progress report
- Attend coordination and progress meetings. Coordinate with stakeholders such as Ericsson construction manager, Ericsson implementation manager, etc.
- Ensure that quality of the Service Providers’ work is within Ericsson standards and Customer expectations
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Customers representatives and all disciplines involved in the project
- Coordinate site acquisition activities and ensure that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in line with the project goals and objectives
- After baseline is supplied by the CPM, measure and report on budget, schedule, and risk throughout the project life cycle
- Ensure that proper records are maintained of all Site Acquisition documentation and data in Site Handler / Continuus (or any otherdatabase of record designated by Ericsson) as well as any uploads required in Customer databases (such as Siterra)
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred or equivalent work experience of 7+ years in specific industry
- Minimum seven years of practical field experience working with 500+ site builds
- Should be well versed in cell site acquisition best practices, zoning, permitting, landlord negotiations, leasing laws, jurisdictional requirements and environmental compliance. And working knowledge of construction activities required in wireless telecommunications.
- Proficient computer experience (especially Excel – ability to generate, work in, manipulate, etc. spreadsheets for Project deliverables)
- Working directly in databases (i.e. Access, Siterra, Site Handler, CASPR, InSite, etc.)
- Wireless telecommunications development experience, specifically field experience
- Preferred accreditation:
- Real Estate licensed professional
- Certified legal practitioner
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfil their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.