Territory Sales Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Market Research
Come join our team of sales professionals and become a Territory Sales Manager where you will drive sales for the brand in partner call centers. The Territory Sales Manager must have a friendly and outgoing personality to inspire and train sales representatives on the product line. In addition to driving results, as a Sales Manager, you will be expected to partner with call center management in coaching on features and benefits direct sales, and service packages. The ideal candidate will train agents to become an expert in the product line. We value professionals that are willing to take their career to the next level by increasing product sales and services.
- Becoming an expert on all aspects of the client's products and services, including technology, plans, promotions, sales techniques, best practices, ordering systems and on-line tools, activations procedures and methods, credit and escalation processes.
- Working directly with client partner front-line employees, coaches, supervisors, managers and center leadership.
- Use group trainings, shadowing/observation techniques, side-by-side coaching and customer interactions to demonstrate and educate employees about sales techniques.
- Provide outstanding customer service demonstrating in-depth product knowledge, and maintaining client presentation standards.
- 3+ years Sales and training experience of a technical product or service in a retail, call center, or indirect environment.
- 2+ years’ Experience selling or training on a service that requires a contract and installation.
- 2+ years Territory management.
- Working knowledge of the satellite and cable television industry and technology highly desired
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of tradechannels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of tradechannels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for driving the business objectives and sales results for the assigned client program in a local market and/or assigned territory. This position works directly with multiple client partners such as retailers, dealers, call centers, and their employees on behalf of our client. The Territory Sales Manager directly communicates with all levels from management to entry-level associates regarding the execution of the client’s objectives. The measure of success is the ability to efficiently and effectively manage a territory, establish and maintain strong relationships with client partners, develop and manage budgets, and positively drive the client’s key business objectives and sales goals through effective coaching and training.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Experience driving a sales number / Territory Ownership / Driving incentives
Proactively manage the business objectives and sales goals for the territory of assigned locations. Identify sales training opportunities; create and execute ROI-based action plans for assigned locations. Maximize client ROI by efficiently developing and executing incentives that drive key performance metrics. Manage market specific budgets for incentives, travel, and other costs. Accountable for creating and implementing local strategies, incentives, and sales training initiatives for client partner employees to further improve sales or impact low performance.
Ability to tailor communication and training style from leadership to agents
Utilize subject matter expertise of Client’s products and services, including technology, plans, promotions, sales techniques, best practices, ordering systems and on-line tools, activations procedures and methods, credit and escalation processes to drive training and knowledge of Client’s products and services. Adjust training and coaching techniques to appropriately fit the audience which ranges from agent to senior management. Educate Agents and Management on selling procedures, including marketing techniques, and utilization of the client’s products and services. Use huddles, group trainings, shadowing/observation techniques, side-by-side coaching, y-jacking and customer interactions as a direct method of demonstrating and educating employees about sales techniques and the client's new and current promotional activities.
Build and maintain strong relationships
Create and maintain strong relationships throughout the territory of assigned locations (physical or virtual) with Client partners. Leverage relationships to drive and increase sales of the Client’s products and services.
Ability to analyze data and determine indicated action
Effectively utilize territory and location performance data to develop and execute specific strategies and actions required to meet or exceed client determined business objectives and sales targets. Document and quantify opportunities, share best practices with peers and communicate challenges and recommendations both internally to management and to client teams through reporting and regular communication.
Enthusiastic and Organized
Confidently and professionally represent the Client in crowded environments through an enthusiastic, outgoing, and captivating personality. Manage the daily, weekly, and monthly needs of the assigned territory with strong organizational and communication skills ensuring information is shared in a timely manner with direct supervisors as well as Client teams.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Travel up to 50-75%
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
5+ years of experience in sales and training
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making skills
- Analytical and research Skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to direct, lead, coach, and develop people
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Ability to research and analyze data effectively
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
Requisition ID 2017-133273