Leads business development representatives to secure and retain business for PPD through professional, consultative, proactivesales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at new clinical sponsors. Positions PPD as a primary orpreferred provider for all holistic account goals work to be outsources. Mentors and trains junior staff to appropriately qualify deals and develop the proposals including defining the solution and development ofassociated fees to meet strategic company goals. Develops, implements and communicates business development strategy for the region/area. Gathers data on marketing trends and competitive products/services and pricing. Accountable for the results of the BD team. Oversees PPD’s business development initiatives. *LI-DR1
- Bachelors degree in science or business
- Proven sales history with breadth of domestic geographic responsibility
- 10+ years experience in CRO, Pharmaceutical, or Medical Device sales industry (Phase I/Clinical Pharmacology preferred)
- Prior experience with account management
- Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of developing mid- and high- level business contacts.
- Ability to manage and fully integrate with Operations, Finance, Bids & Contracts and Marketing, and follow-up to expand relationships and business opportunities.
- Skills to identify and develop sales leads, professionally present capabilities, manage the sales process through close and handle all aspects of contract negotiations.
- Good computer skills to handle sales automation systems, word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Work is performed in an office and/or laboratory and/or clinic environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations and clients, frequently travels both domestic and internationally with extended overnight stays.
- Exposure to fluctuating temperatures frequently during travel.
- Frequently stationary and/or moving for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally.
- Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
- Performs a wide range of semi-complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.