Vascular Access Sales Consultant
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a Medical Device Sales Consultant to represent BD's Vascular Access Product Portfolio in the Chicagoland healthcare market segment. The products included in this portfolio are peripheral IV catheters, prefilled saline flush syringes. hypodermic syringes/needles, ChloraPrep, in addition to others. The primary call points include value analysis, nursing, infection prevention, materials management in addition to other areas. This territory would require current residence in the stated geography with no relocation available.
Our ideal candidate has demonstratedsalesexperiencewith tenacity and strong abilities to influence and drive towards results. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team which inspires and fosters professional growth – entrusted to achieve and be accountable for results!
- Conduct daily sales calls to introduce new products and sales information to our customers.
- Develop new business markets where opportunities exist.
- Actively seek to convert accounts to BD product portfolio.
- Work effectively with BD Distribution partners along with other BD colleagues to provide a team approach to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Attaining an assigned territorial sales quota and achieve market share goals for particular product lines.
- Maintaining a high level of technical and market expertise and educate the market on proper utilization and acceptance of BD product portfolio.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with customers, team members, and other BD colleagues.
- Complete customer service activities including, in servicing, follow up on technical questions, and ensuring a smooth supply chain and delivery of product.
- Keep abreast of changing market activities and product enhancements.
Field based sales position - accounts primarily located in downtown Chicago
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired.
- 3-5 years in B2B sales with emphasis in healthcare, medical device or capital equipment salesexperiencerequired.
- Ability to utilize sales tools to interpret market trends.
- Excellent communications skills that includes presentation skills, written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Experience maintaining Integrated Business Plans (IBPs) to ensure attainment territory goals.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with key customers and opinion leaders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 30%.
Job ID R-16137