Software Developer Manager - Customer Protection Services
Are you a technical leader who wants to own critical, highly scalable systems, and spur innovation? Can you attract and grow the engineering talent needed for those kinds of challenges? Are you interested in the bits and bytes and also the business opportunities?
Customer Protection Services, part of eCommerce Platform Services at Amazon, owns securing the Amazon global platform. Whether it’s AWS, Kindle, or the retail website, we are responsible for ensuring the protection of customer and corporate data. We're at the intersection of can never go down and need to move at agile, internet speed. We're connected to all parts of Amazon's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is excited about leading a talented team to innovate, tackle complex problems and operate a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads.
Our team owns complete vertical software stacks, from web content and mobile SDK, to application servers to database storage. Our challenges are broad and deep, as we need to build flexible and extensible, secure, scalable, highly performant and robust software and services. We have all of the challenges you’d expect such as high scale, big data, and a need to never go down. In addition to these challenges we also have the security aspect. We protect data from others that want it.
Your responsibilities in this space include building and owning everything from high availability services to systems software. You will be responsible for managing secure software deployment services and how Amazonians authenticate against our production services, whether they’re connecting from a desktop PC or a Kindle Fire.
The successful candidate is expected to be a hands-on technical manager who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle including: design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done.
· 4+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
· Experience with all aspects of the employee life cycle.
· Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
· Ability to estimate, schedule and track projects: get hands dirty
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced, often ambiguous environment
· Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
· Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
· Prior experience as a software developer
· Strong results orientation
· Ability to set and lead a team in bold, customer centric directions
· Experience with security, deployment, and/or authentication systems