As the world’s cities grow more complex, people’s need to move easily becomes even more important. Enabling urban flow requires talent and ambition. Together at KONE, we create the new urban reality. Your career is a journey, and how you travel makes a difference.
It's time to make a move. Join our flow.
a Commercial Counsel who, under minimal supervision, reviews, revises, and negotiates construction, modernization, service and repair, and sourcing contracts to reduce risk for KONE.
***This position can be located in either Lisle, IL or Moline, IL.***
- Review maintenance and repair, and sourcing contracts of various complexities. Identify areas that require modification, propose modifications, and effectively negotiate the contracts directly with customers and vendors to reduce risk to KONE.
- Provide support to Front Line sales and Vertical Market Team in contract negotiation to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies, business unit procedures, and customer specifications
- Provide support to Front Line Sales and Vertical Market Team on contract risk analysis during the bidding stage for maintenance and repair bids and sourcing contracts.
- Plan and participate in training of company personnel in contract practices and negotiation strategies.
- Analyze customer response to KONE terms, and negotiate directly with customer to reach agreement on Riders/Addendums to contracts.
- Negotiate directly with customers on the necessary insurance and/or bonds per the term of the contract.
- Use Law Library to research applicable laws and regulations.
- Within the function group, point of contact for contractual issues for assigned area.
- Ensures all appropriate KONE personnel comply with contract management requirements. Responsible for continuous communication with and to all levels of corporate management.
- Assist with otherLaw Department tasks and activities as assigned.
- JD degree required
- 1+ years of experience in working with high profile, high exposure contracts.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010, working knowledge of the Internet.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of KONE and customer management.
- Legal skills necessary to thoroughly review and negotiate high-risk or complex contracts.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills necessary to change priorities based upon customer needs. Manages workload in sufficient manner to meet all assigned due dates.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting contracts, abstracts, reports and legal documents regarding contractual issues.
- Must be an agent of change, demonstrating flexibility and continuous improvement. Working knowledge of Total Quality Management and Six Sigma tools and culture.
- Effective written and oral communications, time management and process productivity and have the ability to identify, implement and streamline processes to ensure compliance, quality and effectiveness.
- Understanding of contract management processes and ability to advise accordingly.
- Ability to utilize effective listening skills.
- Ability to maintain high standard of customer service and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal and professional ethical conduct and confidentiality.
- Understanding of legal concepts, terms and negotiation issues.
- Understanding of all KONE products and service including branch related issues, shipping schedules and installation issues that are typically identified within contracts.