The successful candidate will:
• Focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of H&A’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients in the electric/gas transmission and generation markets. In particular, play a key role in developing and growing H&A’s Natural Resources portfolio of services (including facility siting, environmental permitting, compliance, natural resource impact assessment, and construction compliance monitoring) to electric/gas transmission and generation clients domestically.
• Actively develop commercial strategies and programs to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with new and existing electric/gas transmission and generation clients.
• Fully understand and closely monitor industry business cycles to prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top target opportunities and lead proposal efforts to capture new business.
• Contribute to leadership and management of project execution activities in support of our clients’ electric/gas transmission, generation and other major capital projects. Lead consulting engagements in the areas of natural resources impact assessment, technical discipline-specific consulting, and environmental compliance & permitting.
• Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are mentored, trained, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
• Maintain authorized contracts, prepare Project Management Plans (PMPs), and manage contract changes in accordance with Quality Management Standards (QMS).
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• B.S. degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, biology, natural resources, planning, or other related discipline. M.S. degree strongly preferred.
• 15+ years of experience with natural resources impact assessment, environmental permitting, and compliance. Significant experience with the electric/gas transmission and generation markets in the Midwest and Eastern US. Experience in a consulting or professional services environment required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing, review, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
• Understanding and knowledge of the local electric/gas transmission, generation facility siting, regulatory review, permitting, and development processes markets and the companies operating within them, including existing
relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
• World-class consulting and business acumen to understand and identify client challenges and risks in order to cross-sell multiple services Haley & Aldrich is able to provide in other areas.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter