Moody’s Shared Services - Finance (FIN)
Corporate Services - Finance
Regular - Experienced Hire
The Senior Manager, Accounting works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements and the efficient financial operations within their function.
• Expert in subject matter, including accounting changes.
• Ensures an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
• Oversees outsourced accounting firms, as required, to ensure deliverables are consistent with Moody’s policies and MGAP.
• Maintains Moody’s chart of accounts, controls, and policy and procedures.
• Reviews and approves accounting entries, reconciliations and analyses based on Moody’s controls and US & local GAAP.
• Liaises with other departments to discuss and resolve US & Local GAAP accounting implications related to accounting transactions, business developments, entity financial conditions, policy and procedures.
• Maintains relationships with upper management.
• Participates in Controllership change processes, providing feedback and comments, and communicates Corporate changes to their respective teams.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Initiates research and prepares financial analysis for management (i.e. dividend, cash flow, budget, fluctuation variances, build-ups, aging, process flows, quarterly update meetings, etc).
• Assists in the incorporation or restructuring and operation set up of new entities and the liquidation of redundant entities.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves operating accounting issues; communicates to upper management.
• Applies accounting judgment when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and operating accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting recognition; communicates to upper management.
• Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody’s policies and identify accounting implications; provides value-added feedback to legal or other departments; communicates to upper management.
• Responsible for the overall direction, execution, and completion of ad-hoc projects.
• Manages internal and external audits; works with auditors to ensure a timely year end audit.
• Manages the preparation of external reports, including filings, ensuring an accurate and timely completion.
• Provides expert opinion on US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody’s Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Works with each direct report to establish annual goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
Global MA Rev Acctg/Billing
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 8-10 years accounting experience, including at least 4 years of management experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major CPA firm).
• Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
• Expert knowledge of SEC reporting requirements
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.