Title: Materials and Production Logistics Manager
Location: This position is located in the Steelcase Mexico Reynosa facility which is 5 miles across the Mexico border. Candidates could live in McAllen TX or neighboring US border towns.
Utilizing the Steelcase Materials Strategy and Playbook, Lean Manufacturing and agreed to best practices, manages the materials and production logistics function including plant capacity planning, production planning and scheduling, and material movement. Manages to ensure that materials and parts in the supply chain are available as scheduled and inventory is managed at appropriate lean manufacturing levels. Manages the logistics functions of materials and production planning, purchasing, production and inventory control, inbound and outbound logistics, and sourcing for one or more manufacturing facility. Manages the integration of company system tools with lean manufacturing techniques to leverage positive business results within plant, supplier or subsidiary. Manages the material and parts delivery process including setup/design and replentishment of supermarkets, kanbans and pull systems. Participates in the negotiation of lead times with suppliers and schedules for timely delivery. Strengthens function by developing policies, procedures, systems, programs and staff and by meeting established objectives.
- Proven managerial skills consistent with organizational goals and company policy to think/manage strategically, develop talent, and maximize performance.
- Able to financially manage the function by understanding budgeting, compensation systems, income statements and project justification.
- Able to lead special projects within the division, plant or operations function.
- Must understand the manufacturing process including engineering methods, manufacturing technology, capacity analysis, safety and other support functions.
- Able to effectively administer policies, procedures, laws and regulations to maintain both environmental and labor compliances.
- Must have thorough understanding of Steelcase Quality System.
- Must be market focused to enhance customer satisfaction and product development.
- BA, BS or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of supervisory experience or APIC certification and 3 years supervisory experience.
Job Location McAllen, Texas, United States
Tracking Code 000000005939