The Contract Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the oversight of all new external manufacturing projects and the day to day business manager for existing contract manufacturer relationships with accountability for ensuring supply of product to patients and for driving continuous improvement in risk, performance, quality and total cost.
The Contract Manufacturing Manager has accountability for the relationships and outcomes of Indivior’s external manufacturing and packaging service providers. This role will help lead the overall transformation of Global Procurement at Indivior into a collaborative valued business partner that creates a competitive business advantage to our internal stakeholders and the Indivior business.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing leadership and day to day management of the Indivior external manufacturing and packaging network.
- Ensuring the on time and quality supply of all contract manufactured and/or packaged finished product from the Indivior external network.
- Taking lead in coordinating resources across R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Supply Planning, Logistics and Manufacturing Technology for the successful implementation and ongoing management of pharmaceutical finished product manufactured and packaged with external providers.
- Identifying and supporting strategic category imperatives aligned to the organisation’s business objectives and developing an overall category management framework within which cross-functional teams develop and execute category strategies and other initiatives aimed at reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO) and improving the other parameters of supply including quality and performance.
- Implementing, monitoring and delivering against key procurement metrics in support of improving team, supplier and company performance.
- Ensuring all required contracts and agreements are in place with our contract manufacturing and packaging suppliers to protect Indivior supply and minimize business risk.
- Developing an effective supply base that meets current and long-term objectives in the supply of quality, timely product to patients.
- Ensuring effective management of strategic suppliers with view to building long term strategies.
- Developing appropriate supplier relationships, including strategic supplier alliances between key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- In collaboration with R&D and the Supply organization, ensuring that NPD/EPD projects are delivered on-time and are on an appropriate path for optimal commercialization. Take ownership for commercial aspects of new product development projects utilizing contract manufacturing and packaging organizations.
- Financial – Active setting, monitoring and delivery of cost improvement and containment targets to support business growth. Continually identifying new opportunities for cost reduction across their portfolio.
- Business Continuity Planning – Creating, maintaining and implementing effective business continuity plans to ensure patient supply of product.
- Creating a highly performing virtual team to maximize the benefits and reduce the risks associated with Indivior’s external manufacturing and packaging network.
- Ensuring the supply of product to Indivior patients; meeting all quality, performance and cost objectives.
- Improving the working linkages between R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Supply Planning, Logistics, Manufacturing Technology and external manufacturing organizations to ensure new products are commercialized in a sustainable manner that achieves business growth objectives
Education: BA/BS in Life Sciences, Business, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or other related fields.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of combined experience within the pharmaceutical industry in the areas of manufacturing, direct material sourcing, quality, logistics, alliance or external manufacturing management or similar technical functions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated successful experience directly managing pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and packaging organizations.
- Professional certifications desired in Lean Sigma, Project Management or related areas.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the employee will demonstrate:
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability, delivering on commitments.
- Customer focused, both internally in support of other Indivior functions and, externally, to drive business decisions.
- Leads by example across the Indivior business.
- Demonstrates active relationship management to build strong mutually beneficial relationships with Indivior suppliers and internal functions.
- Advanced influencing and persuading skillset to create mutually positive outcomes with external suppliers and internal stakeholders alike.
- Superior project management skills and mindset to bring numerous functions, workstreams and external providers together in a manner that ensures supply of product delivering maximum benefits in risk management, quality, performance and total cost.