The Software Developer 2 will design, code, test and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting and modifying software specifications throughout the software development lifecycle. This position demonstrates growth in technical understanding and responsibility. This position also requires an attention to team and customer that are not expected in a Software Developer.
Specific Duties Include:
- Performs duties of Software Developer and, in addition:
- Design Applications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Document coding solutions for technical review.
- Production Support – to include on callresponsibilities.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them.
- Research new tools, technologies, and techniques and provide recommendations and best practices.
- Recommend good ideas to the team on a regular basis.
- Mentor team members.
- Brainstorm creative solutions to complex problems.
- Work with Business Analysts to ensure mutual understanding of specifications and limitations.
- Work with Product Support Analysts to ensure technical understanding.
- Work with Quality Assurance Developers to ensure relative and comprehensive testing is completed.
- Provide engineering support (when necessary) to our technical operations staff when they are building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and electronically with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Take the lead on small scale projects.
- Work with third party vendors to ensure compatibility with RDO products and initiatives.
- Communicate effectively with team customers.
- Interact effectively with team members and members of other teams.
- Meet with team customers on a regular basis, both in the office and in the field (according to team requirements).
- Maintain high customer visibility by keeping them involved in ongoing projects.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- Understand the SDLC.
- Possess a good understanding of object oriented design and component architecture.
- Strong experience with Microsoft .NET and Microsoft SQL.
- Experience working in a team programming environment.
- Ability to describe multiple significant projects they have developed.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly logical with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Basic leadership skills and strong team player attitude.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal supervision.