Manager, Clinical Development Information Technology - Product Line Owner
The Manager, Clinical Development Information Technology (IT) - Product Line Owner will support the Clinical Development IT Product line organization in delivering solutions to drive the business strategy. This role will partner with business analysts, business process owner(s), and technical delivery teams to identify/implement technology solutions and ensure successful delivery. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with analysts and process owners to define product strategy that maximizes business value and contribute to the business case development for proposed projects.
- Estimate cost of development effort and time to deliver prioritized requirements.
- Manage Project plans, Financials, Risks and Issues for the agreed portfolio.
- Manage technical execution of projects.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and rollout.
- Ensure compliance with Janssen policies and regulations, and develop required documentation.
- Track benefit realization from the delivered capabilities.
- Serve as an expert resource supporting one or more areas of products or technologies in Clinical Development.
- Manage business partner expectations, resolve conflicts.
- Negotiate the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Ensure solutions are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with business partners and IT organization.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of end-to-end processes, systems and data flows.
- Contribute to budget development and monitor budget within the product area of responsibility.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or Business Administration. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant information technology experience OR a minimum of 6 years of relevant information technology experience with an advanced degree is required.
- Experience with clinical trial technology and information systems preferred
- Broad technology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the business impact of different solutions preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development lifecycle (SDLC), including Agile methodology, requirements elicitation, system design, development and validation/regulatory requirements, is required.
- Successful project management and delivery experience is required.
- Experience working in a global organization is required.
- Must have strong communication and interdependent partnering skills.
- The ability to assess impact and communicate the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements, timelines, costs and risks is preferred.
- The ability to understand departmental budgets and allocate resources accordingly is required.
- This position will require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Requisition ID: 6424170721