Our Project Engineer will work as a Project Manager on public works projects with responsibility for applying knowledge ofengineering principles and practices in broad areas using advancedtechniques, theory, precepts and practices in a specialized engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas using advanced techniques, theory, precepts and practices in a specialized engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Responsible for all phases of planning, coordination, and design of private and municipal projects in water production, water distribution, wastewater treatment, and sanitary sewer collection. This will include directing a design team toward a common goal ofcompletion of projects within budget and schedule.
- Ability to communicate and meet with various elected boards toprovide technical support.
- Will be responsible for business development activities atincreasing levels.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering is required.
- Registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer
- 7 - 10 years of specialized experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Sit for extended periods of time working on computer
- Spend time in the field gathering information and assessing project requirements
- Evening meetings with clients and governmental boards
Ability to define routine problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve routine problems and/or deal with a variety of variables in situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, theemployee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision in order to accurately input data and proofread; distance vision in order to recognize and assist visitors to the department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.