Requisition ID 2017-6934
Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcarelandscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for all aspects of the Company’s accounting and financialreporting systems and processes including ensuring that the financial systems, personnel and control structures are in place to support planned future growth of the company. The Corporate Controller will have direct responsibility for internal and external financialreporting, financial systems including the general ledger and billing, purchase accounting and acquisition integration, as applicable, tax compliance and planning, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, cash management, and primary relationship with the external auditors. The ideal candidate will have previously managed an accounting and finance team for a publicly traded company.
The Corporate Controller will report directly to the CAO and work closely with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, and the company’s various business unit leaders. This position requires a high energy level, strong work ethic, outstanding communications and interpersonal skills and a deep knowledge of accounting, financialreporting, business and finance.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions;
- Maintain a properly designed and functioning system of internal controls to ensure the safeguarding of the Company’s assets and accurate and proper financialreporting. This will include the active participation in the implementation of SOX during 2016 and the maintenance of SOX compliance thereafter;
- Maintain a properly staffed yet efficient accounting department with appropriate knowledge and skills to handle current and expected future growth and complexities within the department;
- Monitor, challenge and minimize costs to ensure the most efficient use of Company resources throughout the organization;
- Provide oversight to ensure that the accounting and financialreporting systems meet the needs of senior management, outside auditors, corporate counsel, and other appropriate constituents;
- Coordinate timely and accurate periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) financialreporting closings including monthly general ledger account reconciliations;
- Oversee, when applicable, the accounting processes associated with acquisition activities such as the implementation of purchase accounting including valuation allocation, and the integration of the acquired company into the financialreporting of Inovalon;
- Manage timely and accurate payroll processing in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Manage timely and accurate client invoicing, accounts receivable processing, and cash receipt application, as well as execute account receivables collection policies and procedures;
- Establish and control processes to ensure that the Company is in compliance with Federal, state, and local tax requirements, and oversea tax-planning strategies to minimize tax liabilities and other corporate taxes issues;
- Actively manage and reportcash flow metrics and the investment of excess cash resources;
- Hire, train, manage, coordinate and retain competent staff required for the achievement of the Company’s financial initiatives, operations, and functionality, monitor performance and evaluate departmental effectiveness; and
- Interact with senior management to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting;
- Certified Public Accountant
- MBA from a top program or equivalent relevant business experiencepreferred.
- A minimum of fifteen years of business experience demonstrating a record of increasing responsibility including within an accounting / financedepartment of a publicly traded company;
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal and external financialreporting;
- Prior exposure to acquisition accounting and integration;
- Proven interpersonal skills to develop relationships that inspire confidence, trust and respect from internal and external colleagues;
- Outstanding analytical skills to interpret financial results and trends and the ability to influence action based upon such interpretations;
- Experience in working with, including presenting to, a CEO, CFO, other executive management and Board of Directors;
- Results-oriented, displaying ingenuity in developing strategies, building infrastructure and ability to anticipate issues and deliver high-impact results;
- Highly collaborative, with excellent influential leadership skills and a track record of exceeding expectations in a client driven, collegial, dynamic atmosphere;
- High energy and sense of urgency in managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility; and
- Innovative thinking with the potential to implement change, ensuring understanding, participation and ownership by key stakeholders.