The Project Leader of the Corrugated Value Stream (CVS) will perform duties required to bring together activities of Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, and Sales in order to provide BWP customers with a knowledgeable, well-rounded, single-point contact. The Project Leader-CVS is the main contact person for Corrugated Projects as assigned, gathering technical requirements for each project, and design & implement new concepts for machine upgrades & retrofits. Additionally, the Project Leader-CVS assists in market research by identifying opportunities for product development and gathering intelligence information on competitors.
The Project Leader-CVS works closely with BWP Operations leaders & teams, CVS Leader, Engineering teams internally & externally, and Director of Operations to coordinate the construction of equipment both domestically and internationally.
Essential Functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Sales at the proposal stage to define the appropriate machine configuration for the application.
- Provide technical sales support by creating/giving presentations to customers as needed.
- Interface with Customer, Sales, Field Service, Accounting, and Operations as necessary to generate cost estimates, gross profit analyses, production estimates, and risk analysis evaluations.
- Assist in customer demos as needed.
- Interface directly with Customer Project Leaders and larger BWP Teams from point of sale through collection of final payment.
- Track project progress and identify critical path items and resource needs to keep projects on schedule.
- Interface directly with other OEM vendors on machine interface questions and equipment specifications.
- Supervise Engineering Team as assigned.
- Contribute as part of the CVS Leadership Team.
- Support and participate in Lean Initiatives at BWP.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering is required unless a combination of prior experience and education meets the requirements to perform the duties necessary.
Five to ten years of experience in a design, process, trouble shooting, and/or research and development environment is required. Position requires an outstanding track record of successfully completed assignments.
This position will require up to 25% travel to perform the necessary duties & functions, both domestically and internationally.