Industry: Financial Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 360 days ago
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Sr Commercial Lending Officer position for a Loan Production Office is responsible for loan growth, net interest margin, and risk management of their individual portfolio. Targeted clients will be large commercial entities (revenue level of $5 million up to $50,000,000), and large Commercial Real Estate projects (project loan size of $1,500,000 to $5,000,000+). The primary goal for this position is to produce commercial loans and increase commercial loanportfolio at targeted net interest income levels. While Treasury Management and other bank services are secondary goals, where appropriate these products and services will be marketed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field required.
• Minimum of 10 years of direct experience is preferred in financial institution/bank environment, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in identifying and developing new commercial loan opportunities including commercial real estate loans and/or business lines of credit for working capital, equipment loans, business acquisition loans, construction loans, development loans, letters of credit and leases is preferred.
• Strong credit training required; underwriting experience.
• Demonstrated sales negotiating and successful closing experience required.
• Ability to understand financial analysis, formulate appropriate loan structure and assess risk of complex companies/projects and lending structures.
• Must possess superior client relationship, marketing presentation, and sales skills in addition to extensive knowledge of products and markets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for growing and retaining relationships with targeted commercial clients/prospects through generation of commercial loans, net interest margin, fees.
• Where appropriate, develop depository Treasury Management relationships and cross-sell all applicable bank services to client base.
• Responsible for overall relationship/portfolio profitability.
• Responsible for the review and preliminary underwriting of credit requests.
• Responsible for the delivery of value-added financial solutions (ranging from traditional to customized products) to existing and prospective clients that will help them to enhance their business.
• Coordinate all client-facing activities related to their clients, including credit support and other product area partners.
• Decline loan opportunities that do not conform to the Bank’s loan policies or risk tolerance.
• Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with clients to meet financial investment objectives and/or resolve problems or complaints
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Proficient conflict resolution skills.
• Must demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to recommend practical ways using innovation, good judgment, creativity, and strategic thinking.