SNC is a trusted leader inengineering delivering end-to-end advancedtechnology solutions in space,aviation, electronics, and systems integration. This opening is for a Software Engineer with a focus in C#. Initially, the position will be focused primarily on front end UI/UX development, connecting the data engine (backend) into various user interfaces such as video dissemination, mapping and Command and Control Web interfaces to be used by both military and civilian personnel. You will be working with an extremely fast paced and talented team providing capabilities that are in high demand.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
- Elicit, derive, and document software and/or system requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
- Define software/and or system architecture, design software modules, and produce associated documentation per corporate or customer standards
- Write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components
- Creativity and imagination, problem-solving skills, the ability to work as part of a team, practical and technical skills, a detailed and methodical approach to their work.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS and 3+ relevant experience
- Experience designing and developing software
- Experience in project definition
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment