To plan, direct, coordinate and actively engage in the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organizations IT assets.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Design and implement short and long term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
2. Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
3. Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
4. Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
5. Oversee and assist with network asset management functions including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
6. Plan, acquire, coordinate and assist in the installation of hardware and software across the organization’s network.
7. Coordinate and conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
8. Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
9. Ensure effectiveness of servers, optimal operation of all network hardware and security solutions.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above. Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Position requires a 4 year college degree in information technology or related field, 5 years of related IT experience, 2 years management experience, intermediate experience working with databases, spreadsheet software, word processing and basic experience working with 10-key, alphanumeric data entry and programming languages, knowledge of information security principles and practices, working experience with intrusion detection and prevention systems, understanding of advanced security protocols and standards. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.