Manages and or coordinates/documents all activities related to the Facilities Safety and Training programs, ensuring that Facilities and Company objectives for safety, quality and productivity are met or exceeded.
- Identify and interpret regulatory standards that impact operational exposures and business activities and guide needed plans to ensure compliance.
- Develop, implement and monitor comprehensive safety processes, training programs and management practices to eliminate all accidents in the workplace and meet all applicable safety rules and company policy. Responsibilities to include: OSHA, ergonomics, machine guarding, hazard communication, powered industrial vehicles, electrical safety, fire protection & emergency preparedness, driver safety and safe delivery processes.
- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices, developing practices and programs to correct or reduce their occurrence.
- Plans, implements and monitors the day-to-day operations for the Facility’s training schedule, including analyzing operating data and reports, monitoring adherence to standards to ensure business plan objectives are met or exceeded.
- Communicates with Division management and employees and provides relevant reports and analyses to ensure appropriate decision-making as it applies to safety and training. Conducts analyses on special project assignments.
- Ensures preparation and delivery of all relevant training/training materials are compliant with all customer, governmental and Company directives and policies.
- Reviews and analyzes company accidents and historical claim experience to identify frequency or severity problems and loss trends. Conduct improvement projects based on findings to improve overall employee health and safety.
- Investigates and responds to employee safety concerns, unemployment claims, and workers compensationclaims to provide high quality internal customer service.
- Periodically audits operational procedures and programs related to all aspects of the facility as training is developed and updated. Example includes auditing DQ Files. Is also involved with preparing the facility for audits to include but not limited to CSA, DQMP, etc.
- Partner with the department heads and supervisors to provide safety guidance and safety-related training, including but not limited to Pure Safety, Fleet Safety, MHE, lifting, defensive driving, PTDC, sanitation, CPR/First Aid and new hire training.
- Lead all safety-related programs including monthly safety committee meetings, safety 5-Os, required review and communication of the safety standards, associate meetings, safety blitz, updating safety awareness boards, post-accident and injury preventability rulings and retraining.
- Establish a measuring device for safety performance throughout the facility by motivating individual accountability and reinforcing safety as a critical part of the corporate culture.
- Gatekeeper to all training documentation. Creates job specific training modules along with appropriate staff.
- Partner with SMEs on Crisis Management, CPLAN, DQMP to ensure consistency and alignment with safety related initiatives.
- Interface with insurer representatives on all post-loss (claim) communication required with adjuster, HR and injured worker. Work with HR for prompt return-to-work of any injured associate.
- Manages the New Employee Orientation Process, JSAs and performs behavioral observations.
- Manages the Pure Safety Training System.
- Responsible for monthly interior/exterior facility inspections (equipment, tools, PPEs, maintenance, fire systems, safety devices etc.).
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, safety, risk management, logistics or related field from an accredited college or university. Certification as a Certified Safety Professional is a plus. CDL is a plus.
5 or more years of relevant work experience in warehousing, distribution, and safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Project management concepts and techniques (E)
- Safety policies, practices and procedures (E)
- Regulatory policies and procedures (J)
- Budgetary concepts and procedures (J)
- PC word processing/spreadsheet/presentation/database software (J)
- Continuous improvement /Root cause analysis (E)
Job ID 2017-2747