Product Manager - Window A/C, Portables & Dehumidifiers
The Product Manager will beresponsible for driving product line strategy and delivering profitability for window air conditioners, portables & dehumidifiers. This role willreport tothe Product Line Leader - Window A/C, Portables, Dehumidifiers and Haier Ductless Air Conditioning.
What you will Do
- Work to drive product line strategy and delivering profitability for window air conditioners, portables & dehumidifiers.
- Own the execution of new product introductions including the following programs: Dehumidifier platform, Portable AC upgrade, Window AC connected and new platform programs.
- Key interface with global joint ventures/affiliates for AC products.
- Develop and own sourced product transition planning.
- Collaborate with GEA Commercial team and customers to identify market needs and develop/execute multi-generation product designs, product plans and new product introductions (NPI).
- Lead cross-functional teams including Technology, Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Marketing to deliver NPI programs.
- Work with design, sourcing, IDO and plant operations to implement overall product cost savings.
- Lead team along with PSI to deliver product availability, hit inventory objectives and effectively manage product transitions.
- Support commercialization process as new products go to market.
- Support continuous quality improvement and change control.
- Lead new model activities for current platforms, and related initiatives.
- Relocation assistance: Yes
What you need to Succeed
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 7years of Product Management/Commercial or Technical/Manufacturing experience in a business to consumer-type role
- Demonstrated strong communication and influencing skills
- Must be willing and able to travel to GEA sites, customers, and suppliers as needed, including global travel
- Cross-functional experience
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certified
- 5+ years Product Management experience
- Program/Project management experience
- Strong program/project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and drive action across multi-functional teams
- Familiarization with GE Appliances NPI process
- Results oriented; ability to deliver on commitments and follow through
- Ability to integrate, and drive action across multi-functional teams