PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Intersect ENT Senior Sales Consultant will be responsible for representing iENT products to new and existing ENT customers, while achieving the sales expectations/quota of an assigned territory, in conjunction with the local Territory Manager. Daily activity will include all required clinical/administrative/market development support to his/her assigned team.
The net goal of this position will be to provide incremental revenue growth within their assigned geography, while helping to maintain the foundation of base business built by the legacy Territory Manager, through sales focused activities such as targeted sales calls, market development, and case coverage.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts consultative sales calls to targeted ENT physician customers as well as all ancillary staff (e.g.: RN’s, OR Directors, ENT offices, ambulatory surgery centers, etc.)
- Where appropriate, works to identify and pre-qualify sales targets for the territory and, in conjunction with the local TM, works to put a targeted sales plan together for these customers.
- With the guidance of the RSM/TM, develops and executes on territory business plans in a 3-month sales cycle/quota-based system.
- Supports case coverage, in-servicing and all market development activities within local geography, as directed by the Territory Manager; which will include delivering one hospital PR/marketing initiative per month.
- Supports all daily sales objectives focused on territory growth. These include account maintenance, new account targeting, and launch planning/execution, as per the direction of the TM.
- Transfers account knowledge and other requested information to the local Territory Manager/Regional Sales Manager on a weekly basis.
- Manages expense budgets for their respective geography, and is accountable for compliance with Company policy and procedures, the Quality System and other regulatory requirements.
- In conjunction with the local TM, makes clinical and economic presentations to customers, committee members and relevant staff.
- Maintains current working knowledge of reimbursement environment and speaks proficiently regarding such matters.
- Demonstrates outstanding product knowledge and can impart this knowledge to the larger national team when required, through activities such as communicating best practices and lessons learned through weekly emails.
- Completes administrative requirements on time and accurately.
- Maintains company standards involving ethical and moral character, and always represents the company with the highest professional standards.
- Shares knowledge with and provides input/assistance to broader organization when required (e.g.: train new hires, cross-cover territories as needed, shares best practices, provides input into marketing programs, shares competitive intel, etc.)
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA in Business or related discipline
- A minimum of 6 years of directly related experience in the medical device industry
- Demonstrated average annual earnings of $150,000 in last two years in medical device Sales position
- Ability to learn and communicate highly technical material
- A thorough knowledge of high tech medical device market, products, and region’s customer base
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a current business plan
- Excellent negotiating skills; ability to adapt to changing work priorities; and ability to maintain good working relationships with teammates
- Proficiency with PC-based office computers, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Ability to work independently
Ability and willingness to travel extensively
Work includes potential exposure to human blood borne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials
Work includes potential exposure to chemicals
Requires approximately 70% travel
PHYSICAL ACTIVITES AND REQUIREMENTS, VISULA ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical Activity - Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Physical Requirements - Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Visual Acuity - The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Working Conditions - The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.