Position Summary:The Product Owner works with an agile team and business partners to ensure that changes to business functions, processes, financials, people and organizational structure are optimized with information and technology to support the business strategy. The Product Owner will possess a solid understanding of business systems, industry standards, and operational processes. This knowledge will be used to formulate and define objectives and/or process improvements to meet business needs. This position will utilize strong facilitation skills to elicit information from varying levels of the organization. The Product Owner will gain the confidence of stakeholders at all levels of the organization through effective leadership of problem solving activities that result in business focused and technology supported solutions.Essential Job Duties:
- Collaborates with the Scrum Master to lead agile team members in the planning process to coordinate and sequence activities, clarify understanding of business objectives/priorities, and relay business value.
- Prioritizes work within an agile team and maintain a backlog of future work for consideration/prioritization.
- Translates business needs/objectives into specific stories and related acceptance criteria.
- Provides expertise and analysis to further refine business features and determine non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for providing business and process expertise to ensure an agile team has a full understanding of the requirements and business objectives related to the product/solution being developed.
- Collaborates on proposed technical designs to ensure alignment with business needs.
- Leads verification and validation sessions to ensure business partners, technical stakeholders, and agile team members are in alignment with item to be delivered and how to deliver within the timeline determined.
- Identify and assist users to document processes and procedures needed to support newly delivered solutions.
- Coordinates the demonstration of completed work within an agile team.
- Collaborates with business partners, vendors and IT staff to resolve issues.
- Mentors agile team members on corporate, industry, and practice standards.
- Participates in Product Owner Community of Practice activities.
- Participates in Inspect & Adapt sessions to drive relentless improvement, including improvements to IT standards and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of business and/or information technology related work experience OR 2 years of post high school education in related field and 7 or more years of business and/or information technology related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT specific experience related to analysis, architecture, development, testing, project management, or equivalent experience acquired by serving as a key business SME on IT projects.
- Broad knowledge in information technology trends.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies.
- Effective knowledge and application of agile team servant leadership competencies, including oral and written communications, influence and persuasion, results orientation, relationship management, facilitation, and team building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to work and communicate effectively with executive leaders, business SMEs, enterprise architects, business analysts, and application developers.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to negotiate high stakes business prioritization decisions while establishing and maintaining a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to model dedication and support for Company goals.
- Ability to make decisions considering a wide variety of situations and conditions.
- Experience implementing solutions and working with vendors.
- Promotes teamwork by building commitment and maintaining optimism.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and comfortable with change.
- Ability to quickly gain familiarity with systems and projects assigned.
- SAFe Product Management/Product Owner (PMPO) Certification.
- Experience working in a SAFe environment with demonstrated competency of delivery against objectives.
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and CICD.
- Demonstrated experience with visual requirement modeling techniques, such as logical data and process models, workflow diagrams, context diagrams, and/or user interface mock-ups.
- Understanding of business process management, workflow, architecture practices, and integration methods and tools.
- Health Care and/or Health Insurance industry knowledge.
- Familiarity with VersionOne or a comparable enterprise agile platform
Job Number: 17013596