BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states – Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The Project Manager III is responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts and establishing and implementing project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. This position is also responsible for tracking key project milestones and assisting Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise. This position manages multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmental resources to various phases of project; establishes a work plan and staffing for each phase of project; arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel; formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of project; confers with project staff to outline work plan.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path items pertaining to complex project plans having multiple inter-dependencies such as departments, vendors (SBC, Fidelity, Compaq, Cisco) and processes; negotiates with project sponsor (senior management LOB) to ensure that desired timelines and budget expectations are met; serves as liaison to both internal technology staff and vendors to ensure business requirements are fully understood.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel; modifies schedules or plans as required including quality assurance test plans and quality assurance testing.
- Manages weekly/monthly reporting process; helps prepare information deliverables for O&T Project Manager Officer (PMO) regarding progress toward project milestones; accepts and assesses status reports, change requests, and requirements documentation to ensure project progression; manages/participates in ongoing integration efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
- In-depth knowledge of plan development and execution, scope planning, schedule development, cost estimating, budgeting, and control, quality planning assurance, organizational planning, communications planning, risk identification and risk response control
- Extensive knowledge of the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management
- Thorough knowledge of utilizing business applications for competitive advantage
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business needs
- Thorough knowledge of analysis, design, and implementation experience with technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus; 7-10 years of experience in project management which includes at least 3 years experience in the information technology or 13-16 years related business experience. Prior experience in financial services industry is preferred. Preference: PMP (Project Management Professional).
Req ID: 38541