Federal - Salesforce Developer Specialist
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company that helps clients transform bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes. We serve every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and health to make a difference for the people they employ, serve, and protect.
Accenture Federal Services is seeking a Salesforce Developer Specialist to work closely with Product Managers and Junior Developers to ensure the timely and effective delivery of Salesforce requirements in a variety of industry contexts. The Developer is responsible for managing all aspects of Salesforce.com (SFDC) including configuration, customization and implementation of applications and 3rd party integrations. Role also includes collaborating with internal stakeholders and team members to build solutions in SFDC that support business requirements and processes for continuous improvement. The Salesforce Developer Specialist has proven experience with Visualforce, APEX programming, Force.com APIs.
- 3+ years of industry experience as a Salesforce.com developer
- 1+ years of experience with practical application of Visualforce, APEX programming, Force.com APIs, and Web Services
- 2+ years of experience with database software, Platform as a Service solutions preferred
- 1+ years of experience leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- SF Certified Platform Developer 1 and 2 is highly preferred
- Unique combination of being business-minded and highly analytical while also having a strong and deep technical background in Salesforce.com
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and deliver results with aggressive timelines
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment (conference calls, Skype, face-to-face)
- Ability to speak and write English fluently, and can produce high quality technical documentation and analysis
- Take initiative to recommend process improvements and demonstrate creative thinking
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Demonstrate sharp, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
US Citizenship Required.