- The Mobile Application Developer will develop Apple iOSmobile applications.
- The developer will also maintain and upgrade the current iOS application.
- Development tasks include code development, debugging, task estimates, and coordination with outside developers.
- This position requires strong technical abilities in iOSmobile application development, implementation, and support. The ability to work with cross-functional teams and communication skills are required as well.
- The role will interface with multiple departments including Strategic Business Units, Engineering, Information Technology, Marketing, Industrial Design/User Experience, and Customer Service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with new product development project teams and stakeholders to understand functional requirements, and reduce requirements to design specifications
- Provide effort and time estimates for iOS development
- Develop mobile applications for Apple iOS with Xcode
- Work to analyze, debug, and resolve defects in applications
- Work within Agile and Waterfall style software development processes
- Unit test application changes to ensure quality of work
- Update Bug tracking system per workflow guidelines
- Manage own work to deliver according to project schedules; be accountable for delivery
- Coordinate activities with outside developers.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent required. A Master’s Degree is a strong plus.
- A minimum of five years as a software developer, and two years developing mobile applications.
- Experience working on a publicly available iOS Application.
- Experience with software version control system such as CVS, or Git.
- Experience with an issue/bug tracking system
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with task estimating and planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of mobile native iOS application development tools (such as Xcode), processes, and technologies.
- Proficient in Objective-C, C, and/or C++ and some development experience in more than one required.
- Working knowledge of Cocoa Touch and the iOS SDK
- Knowledge of compiler settings
- Knowledge of memory management
- Familiarity with using server-side RESTful APIs and integrating SDKs in iOS applications is a plus.