Manager Procurement & Vendor Management
Key role in the implementation and execution of the sourcing and supplier management program. Manage and monitor supplier relationships across the multiple business units. Ensures principles and approaches to management, oversight and governance of suppliers is aligned across procurement and with Divisional objectives. Responsible for defining and implementing best practices that maximize efficiencies, quality, and spend savings while building and maintaining positive, long-term, strategic supplier partnerships.
- Hires, trains and develops staff to achieve sourcing & supplier management objectives, conducts performance reviews and administers pay.
- Recommend, implement category procurement and commodity sourcing strategies to achieve strategic plans.
- Lead cross functional teams to develop and execute local or global strategies covering categories and commodities across a broad customer base.
- Implement and execute the sourcing and supplier management program that includes develop RFx proposals, evaluate and recommend best available options, negotiate contract and transition and monitor suppliers.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend sourcing and supplier management solutions that support Divisional strategic objectives.
- Partner with Divisional Leadership to develop effective supplier relationships that ensure high performance and competitive pricing.
- Execute governance with suppliers; drive a two-way exchange of information related to strategies, priorities, requirements, and disputes.
- Negotiate contract provisions for initial agreements and ongoing amendments; facilitate coordination between internal and external stakeholders.
- Interpret supplier contracts, participate in contract change negotiations, and monitor fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- Implement and on-board suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance and facilitate communications between stakeholders to ensure business expectations are met.
- Drive supplier behavior and deliver continuous improvement in vendor performance.
- Champion and execute supplier management best practices to maximize the value of supplier relationships.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, operations management, or other directly applicable field or equivalent education/experience. Broad business perspective with 8years of experience in category procurement, strategic sourcing, supplier management and contract management.
- Experience with the supplier identification, selection and negotiation process. Knowledge of supplier management best practices and industry trends.
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills requiring a balance of assertiveness, tact and diplomacy; demonstrated ability to lead difficult conversations and collaborate, facilitate, and achieve consensus amongst key stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively and cultivate strong relationships across all levels of the organization and with external parties.
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguous situations and drive towards clarification.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and drive change; Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to put strategic plans into operation.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and support activities within a single job function.
- Global perspective and experienceworking with diverse customers and suppliers.
- Experience in a shared services environment.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience managing suppliers with global product/service provisioning models.
- Experience across multi-functional business processes.
- Experienceworking with various electronic procurement tools.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Ability to succeed under pressure, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a rapid-paced environment; Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with teams across geographically dispersed locations.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Work will generally be done out of an AEGON office location.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% Domestic or international is expected.