Senior Manager - Mobile Insurance & Companion Apps
About This Role
The Senior Manager – Mobile Insurance & Companion Apps is a technology leadership role reporting into the AVP – Mobile (Wealth, Insurance, Companion App & US). This role will be accountable for all development and delivery efforts associated with our Insurance mobile apps. In addition, this role will formulate and execute upon a technology strategy for a suite of companion apps – including delivery, ongoing maintenance and support.
Key accountabilities include:
Technology Delivery & Development
- End to end (initiation through implementation) accountability for the delivery efforts involving Insurance and Companion Apps
- Manage the project pipeline and sequencing with input from the business/product teams as well as various technology partners within the bank
- Lead the estimation of initiatives involving Insurance and Companion apps by partnering with various Technology teams
- Ensure proper engagement with various technology and business stakeholders, and own the delivery plan and financials for projects within the portfolio
- Engage early with business partners to ensure that business requirements are adequately captured for consumption by various technology teams; provide early guidance on technology capabilities and limitations to shape requirements effectively
- Lead extended technology teams to define the “right” solution to meet current and future business goals
- Articulate the business and technical rationale for the solutions being proposed, including cost drivers and benefits. Constantly pursue delivery efficiencies and ways to simplify the solutions
- Lead the execution of these projects including negotiating timelines and costs with various partners (QA, infrastructure, release management etc)
- Drive strong application release management practices to enable high quality deliverables
- Develop and execute upon a model for Companion Apps to ensure seamless customer experiences across our mobile apps
- Lead a team comprising of delivery managers, business systems analysts and Android & IOS development resources
- Establish a team structure to meet growing demands for Mobile capabilities
- Partner with HR and Recruitment to identify & recruit top development talent
- Ongoing talent management to ensure team members have meaningful development plans and rewarding careers
- Promote and support an environment that encourages productivity, innovation, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism
- Participate in knowledge transfer – ensure timely and accurate communication of business objectives throughout the group and articulate the group mandate to other areas
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving business objectives and providing client services
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Strong technical background with 7-10 years of experience in technology delivery and app development
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Track record in vendor engagement and management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of bankingtechnology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.