Under the supervision of the Director of Bid and proposals, the Proposal Manager leads proposal activities and also serves as a contributor/content developer and primary editor. The Proposal Manager assigns and manages writing; establishes requirements for technical and subject matter experts (SME); and collaborates with proposal team to develop proposal response format and structure. In support of Strategic Development Manager and Strategic Support Manager, develops proposal response and all associated proposal management and development artifacts in accordance with industry best-practice (Shipley). Manages and collects all data calls and writing assignments to develop and submit complete, compliant, and compelling proposals. Exercises full responsibility and authority for the proposal development process from pre-RFP strategy meetings with capture management team through award notification, and ensures the development, production, and delivery of persuasive, on-time, compliant, high-quality proposals. Provides mentorship/direction to other proposal writer(s).
Specific Responsibilities and Skills:
- Analyzes RFPs; develops outlines and compliance matrices.
- Formats and develops proposal outlines and documents for each proposal volume.
- Ensures the proper documentation and archiving of all proposal material.
- Organizes proposal meetings and participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, including but not limited to facilitating brainstorming, solution design and storyboarding sessions.
- Proofreads and edit material submitted by writers to ensure a quality document is being distributed to reviewers and ultimately the customer.
- Coaches and mentor writers in the development of timely, persuasive, compliant proposal writing assignments.
- Coordinates technical efforts with operational performance groups.
- Prepares and manages proposal schedules, reviews, and action registers.
- Prepares and holds proposal kickoff and progress meetings.
- Prepares and provides data calls to teaming partners related to capabilities statements, past performance, and technical responses.
- Interviews experts to gather knowledge and information to support proposals.
- Participates in strategy discussions/decisions.
- Works in concert with operational and capture management counterparts implementing a dynamic, flexible proposal development framework.
- Supports Bid / No Bid Process by working with and coordinating efforts of the capture management team for Executive Management formal/informal briefings as required.
- Develops, communicates and tracks proposal milestones.
- Conducts formal proposal reviews in accordance with the Shipley methods.
- Translates technical data into meaningful customer value propositions.
- Leads and conducts proposal editing, formatting, compliance checks, final proposal assembly and delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely and accurate completion of all work.
- Adherence to contract requirements and Alutiiq Proposal Management Policies and Procedures.
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellowworkers.
- Adherence to all safety and health rules and regulations.
Authorities and Limitations of Authority:
This position has the authority to accomplish the duties described herein in accordance with Corporate Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable regulatory requirements.
Job Requirements, Mandatory:
- Thorough understanding of Government contracting processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government proposal development process (Shipley).
- The skill to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP is a must.
- Minimum of five years Government proposal experience with at least two years as a Proposal Manager.
- Excellent time and resource management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Microsoft Office 365, MS Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, Skype for Business, Visio, and MS Project.
- Basic ability to create graphics using MS Office tools.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement winning strategies.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in MS Word.
- Demonstrated experience with Federal Government competitive proposal/contracting process.
- Demonstrates strong proposal writing skills within a structured Shipley-based proposal development process.
- Experience in the development, authoring, editing and production of government proposals.
- Possess excellent writing skills for both technical and marketing-focused content
- Basic experience with Adobe program(s) such as Acrobat.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and related federal regulations.
- Knowledge of contract/proposal pricing requirements for Cost/Price Volumes.
- Knowledge of various government contract types such as: Time and Materials (TM), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Firm Fixed (CPFF), Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ).
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research and generate original content.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable while maintaining and exhibiting excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the Company.
- Ability to support fast pace and changing schedules.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in an often stressful, deadline-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Journalism, or a related field with a minimum of two years of proposal management experience.
- Work is performed indoors in office environment.
- Work hours are subject to change, with overtime work as needed.
- Occasional travelrequired as a part of this job.
Tracking Code 2078-183