Sales Account Manager, Power Services
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
M&I Electric is a leading provider of power delivery solutions to the global energy industry. The company has been in the energy industry for 70 plus years, and is now a $60M company with 300 employees worldwide. M&I is the flagship business of American Electric Technologies, Inc, (NASDAQ: AETI).
M&I has an aggressive growth plan focused on delivering solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. If you are interested in joining a highly motivated winning team of excellence, and have the knowledge, experience, and customer relationships as a Senior Account Manager in the industrialelectricalconstruction and field service business in the greater Houston to Beaumont and gulf coast area we have an amazing career opportunity for you.
Responsibilities include securing opportunities for the company’s service/power testing group and construction from Oil & Gas companies in the greater Houston to Beaumont and gulf coast region. These opportunities will be sourced either directly from the owners/end users or via the EPC companies executing these projects. Review and interpret project scopes and deliverables and communicate this information to the inside sales/application engineering team. Have a reasonable technical understanding of the services and provide market feedback to support strategic decisions of the management team. Improve market awareness of the M&I Electric brand, service and product offerings and company capabilities. Act as the voice of the customer to the management team. Meet or exceed sales targets in the market segment as determined by the director of sales based on available market data for the sector.
Perform a wide variety of business development and marketing tasks; this includes solving customer problems with the use of company technical and marketing materials and provide assistance in developing specifications and supporting customers with company construction and service solutions. Without appreciable direction, must be able to manage time appropriately to meet and exceed the sales objectives and customers’ requirements. Negotiate contracts with customers. Give informative company capabilities presentations to customers.
1. Bachelor’s degree in electricalengineering, electricaltechnology, industrialdistribution or equivalent experience in selling services to Oil & Gas customers
2. Experience selling to maintenance managers/construction managers in the industry in the greater Houston to Beaumont and gulf coast area.
3. Minimum of 5 years of experience in selling electrical services and or construction or selling relevant electrical predictive maintenance products to maintenance managers
4. Strong leadership skills, strong negotiating skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude
5. Power distribution and/or switchgear product knowledge a plus
6. Positive attitude
7. Proven ability to solve complex problems in support of business strategy
8. Experience giving presentations
9. Able to work independently
10. Skilled at deal closing
11. Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
The company offers very competitive compensation packages and comprehensive benefits plan including 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, medical, paid time off, short & long term disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, etc.
The compensation packages include a strong base component with highly motivating commission incentive. As a small publicly traded company, the company is also able to include a very attractive equity incentive.
Over 70 years in the energy market place, global footprint, innovative, progressive, and nimble infrastructure that allows for solutions to be delivered quickly! It’s a great company and a great place to work!