One of the foremost public policy research organizations in the United States, Mathematica Policy Research is leading the way in providing health care research services to federal agencies, including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
We are seeking anexperienced systems analyst to process and evaluate health care data, including health insuranceclaims andenrollmentfiles, in support of health care policy research.
- At least 5 years experience working with administrative health care data (e.g., commercial claims, hospital claims, Medicare or Medicaid data), healthcare informatics, or health care claims processing, preferably for research purposes.
- At least 5 years experience with a research programming language like SAS. SQL experience is a plus, as is experience with IBM mainframe operating systems (z/OS, OS/390, MVS, JCL, TSO/ISPF) and relational database structures.
- Ability to leverage substantive and technical expertise to design systems and lead teams of programmers on healthcare research projects. This includes coordinating the development of business requirements, creating schedules of deliverables, and managing and coordinating systems and research activities to meet project schedules and budgets.
- Experience as a systems analyst and programming and managing tasks within Systems Development Life Cycle frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence reporting in a healthcare setting is a plus.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team including researchers, analysts, and programmers. Ability and desire to mentor, coach, and train junior staff.
- Ability to write clear and concise systems documentation, including technical sections of proposals, requirements documents, project plans, and project schedules.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Graduate degree in the social sciences, statistics, mathematics, computer science, public administration, actuarial science, or a healthcare-related field like public health.
Job ID 571-2