About WSP USA WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com. WSP USA has an immediate opening for an Assistant Project Manager reporting to the Engineer of Construction for the WTC.
Project Summary: Assist Senior Project Manager in implementation ofconstruction project control processes, with an emphasis on cost control management andconstruction administration, providing organizational and administrative support inbudget analysis,risk mitigation, change order tracking and overall management of projectreporting systems. Duties:
- Provide support to project financial management teams
- Coordinate payment requisition review and payment processes, ensuring timely and thorough review by appropriate team members, tracking payments against budgets and project projections, providing periodic updates on project budgets and cost expenditures, maintaining contract cost accounting/financial management, providing periodic updates on budgets, cost expenditures and cost spending projections.
- Assist with coordination and review of cost reconciliation process, organizing process for assessing true-up of costs.
- Manage tracking systems for documentation.
- Assist in review and reconciliation of contractor claims and close-out, coordinating documentation review and organizing information on cost variations, reporting on budget impacts to advance project completion.
- Provide project cost estimating and construction management for ongoing projects and initiatives
- Provide support to project management in the procurement, leveling and evaluating contractor bids, providing reports, analysis, and recommendations to the project management team.
- Prepare for and attend meetings as required, providing planning advice, recommendations, and presenting project research and documentation.
REQUIREMENTS – Ideal candidate must have comprehensive understanding of Construction Management with an emphasis onconstruction accounting, administration and estimating practices.Bachelor’sDegree inEngineering orArchitecture from an accredited college or university. Minimum of five (5)years’experience in progressively more difficult andresponsibleconstructionmanagement and building occupancy/commissioning. Varied in: size (up to projects over $100 million) and complexity (multiple crews and crew sizes per shift).
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree a NICET Level III will be considered or evidence of significant field inspectionexperience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Some OSHA training required. Special Inspector qualifications in Concrete, Masonry certification preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with NYC Building Code, ACI, ASTM, AISC
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to pass a TWIC & SWAC Background Check at High Level.
- Night and weekend shifts may be required
The ability to immediately work in the United States is required.