Assoc. Director - IT Business Relationship Management
School Specialty is the industry's largest provider of educational products, services and programs including Classroom Supplies, Arts products, Special Needs Resources, Math, Science, Reading, Physical Education, planning, etc. From basic school supplies to curriculum-based solutions we offer an unmatched selection of quality, value-driven education products, services and programs.
Supporting educators isn't just our specialty, it's our passion. We strive to be the preferred resource for educators, by working hand-in-hand with them to develop real-world learning solutions. Our focus is on helping educators help students succeed by making learning easier – and more fun – for students of all ages and abilities.
The Director, Business Relationship Manager (BRM) will be responsible for managing the relationship with business stakeholders. The BRM will seek to understand the business current and emerging needs, as well as key initiatives and future plans. The Business Relationship Manager will drive the assessment of the business across technology, strategic sourcing, finance and HR, as well other operating areas where organizational services could drive efficiencies or provide expertise/leverage overall scale.
In this role, he/she will engage the organization at all levels to identify the pain points and opportunities to lower costs and/or improve the quality of services delivered. The BRM will serve as an integral part of leadership, participate in key meetings, manage the communication between business and the service areas, and collaborate closely with peers and senior leadership.
The ideal candidate will be a curious, self-starting and motivated professional with excellent interpersonal, change management, project management, and communication skills. Given the responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate should combine experience/knowledge in operations performance improvement and technology. The successful BRM will provide practical leadership to the business, feel comfortable working with a high degree of independence, and be adept at engaging key constituents to deliver results.
- Establishes and fosters strong partnerships with business and IT leaders as well as other service area leadership
- Participates in the building, maintaining, and tracking of product roadmaps to forecast future changes to IT systems and capabilities
- Advises on options, risks and costs versus benefits and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities
- Contributes to the development and execution of IT strategies, and ensures its alignment with business strategies and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success
- Partner with business leaders to facilitate IT project initiation, requirements shaping, prioritization, solution selection, scheduling, execution oversight, and communication
- Communicates with business and IT leaders, and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of initiatives’ progress, risks, and results
- Promotes business knowledge of IT processes, roles and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management or related discipline; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in shaping and delivering on business change initiatives
- Strong customer service orientation, leadership and people management skills
- Ability to build and manage IT-to-business relationships; ability to facilitate, communicate, lead and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify opportunities for business value and process improvement, communicate strategies, and champion adoption to achieve desired results
- Prior experience delivering business process improvements in context of technology implementations
- Prior experience leading complex project implementations
- Ability to apply business acumen and technology knowledge to shape and drive business change with measurable positive outcomes
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge on IT solutions, new technologies and understanding of technology trends
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation, presentation, and business skills required