The Director of Campus Nursing (DON ) assumes responsibility for the daily operation, organization, administration, general effectiveness, and supervision of the Campus Nursing Programs, as well as future program planning, development, and accreditation. The DON, will be a strong leader with a passion for providing quality education programs to our students.
- Direct the recruitment, retention, and evaluation of nursing faculty and staff in a manner that promotes achievement of professional goals.
- Establish relationships with students and commit to their success.
- Ensure quality and relevant learning experiences for students.
- Maintain a program that is student-centered and committed to active learning.
- Facilitate faculty teaching, scholarship, service and practice.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with communities of interest, especially the community of the campus.
- Research, develop, and maintain relationships and contracts with clinical facilities.
- Develop and manage class schedules and faculty workload in accordance with University standards and state regulatory requirements.
- Maintain working knowledge of state, accreditation, and professional regulations.
- Participate in evaluation of nursing program in accordance with the University’s master plan, managing data and contributing to accreditation review.
- Participate in activities to recruit qualified candidates for the program.
- Build working relationships with campus faculty and staff, contributing as a valued member of the campus community.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with campus leadership regarding preparation of annual budgets and optimization of resources.
- May require occasional travel (approx. 10%)
- Master Degree in Nursing
- 3 Years' of Nursing, Academic Leadership, Teaching, and Management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to Multitask, be a good communicator, delegation appropriately, posses strong leadership skills, and have good computer skills.
- Must be compassionate, trustworthy, and honest
- Doctorate Preferred
- Proven track record of NCLEX success
- Certified Nurse Educator