IBM Watson Health is seeking an Account Leader to coordinate and direct long-term, consultative, client relationships to maximize value to our clients as a trusted advisor. In this role, the Account Leader will build and execute the overall client relationship plan and serve as a single point of contact, accountable for:
· End-to-end Service Delivery
· Service Excellence
· Client Satisfaction
· Contract Performance
· Operational Business Planning
· Financial Performance
· Value-add Sales/Business Development
The Account Leader will be responsible for achieving and exceeding profitable growth, financial, and performance targets to improve client satisfaction, and for maintaining IBM Watson Health’s leadership position within the market.
· Responsible for communications with the client and within Watson Health (support) regarding expectations, performance and service excellence.
· Uses industry expertise to understand the client's agenda and identify ways to enhance the client's business performance with IBM Watson Health.
· Understands the client's definition of thought leadership and innovation and incorporates into the operational business plan.
· Represents the full spectrum of Watson Health’s capabilities to the client and serves as the client advocate inside IBM Watson Health.
Account Strategy and Operations
· Successfully creates, communicates and executes an ongoing account operational business plan that connects Watson Health and client strategies.
· Drives productivity, quality and other Watson Health corporate initiatives into the account operational business plans to maximize the overall health of the account and value to the client.
· Outlines the overall account workforce and labor strategy to meet client and business objectives.
· Oversees and administers the contract; works with the client to amend and approve as necessary.
· Drives transformational changes needed to achieve the account objectives.
· Identifies and prioritizes growth opportunities based on client needs and Watson Health strengths, and incorporates into account operational business plan.
· Expands the range of Watson Health's services to the client, increasing the depth and breadth of service
Ability to work across the organization, including Product Development, Sales, and Product Support functions to ensure that both current and future client needs are anticipated and met.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
·7 years experience as a technical account director OR lead for large scale data warehouse system and systems integration project
· 10 years experience in a consulting, client services or information technology role, with client contact at senior levels
· Demonstrated experience running large, complex data warehousing and system integration projects.
· Demonstrated understanding of data warehousing design and best practices and component applications such as data architecture, RDBMS, and data integration.
· Demonstrated understanding of the concepts, practices, procedures and deliverables associated with system development, implementation and operational readiness.
· Must be able to interact with clients, lead client meetings, interface with C-level customer staff, and interact with IBM Watson Health leadership and staff.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 5+ years of experience in account management or healthcare information consulting with large and complex clients (greater than $2 million annual revenue).
· Experience in Health and Human services for Government agencies or similar public-sector program
· Experience with large Healthcare Payer organizations such as Medicaid, health plans or large employer self-insured plans
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?