Director of Capture Management
CHSi supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners in austere, remote, and security challenged environments outside the continental United States. With over 40 years of experience providing a full range of medical services, CHSi medical management solutions are comprehensive, responsive, and reliable. Our unique service delivery approach, international recruiting network, and proprietary processes and systems deliver secure and compliant solutions. Through solid performances in the U.S. and its territories, and in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Africa, CHSi’s solutions are built on a foundation of field-tested best practices. The CHSi service delivery approach includes onsite health centers, a national network of highly credentialed board certified medical staff, and medical readiness teams.
CHSi enjoys a reputation as a trusted and independent workforce health provider and as a result of ongoing growth organization-wide, is currently seeking interested candidates for the role of Director, Capture Management. The Director, Capture Management is responsible for managing cross functional teams to win assigned business opportunities, from the point when the opportunity is selected for pursuit until the contract is awarded. The Director, Capture Management Plans, directs, and controls all activities related to the Capture effort, including accountability of all phases of Capture Management. The Candidate must be able to manage large, complex capture efforts and lead a team comprised of multiple functional experts supporting his/her effort. The Director, Capture Management reports to the Senior Director, Capture Management administratively and directly supports the VP/NSM for Sales/Capture (pursuit dependent).
This position is based in Cape Canaveral, FL or Reston, VA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated completion of Capture Management and Proposal Management training courses.
- 3 years demonstrated experience in Capture Management with experience serving as Capture Manager of large Government bids exceeding $100 Million TCV.
- Demonstrated win record as lead Capture Manager on US government bid efforts.
- Two or more years of proposal development experience. Relevant contract operations experience desirable.
- Demonstrated and proven skills in management a multi-skilled BD/Capture team.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with customers and building trusting relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage appropriate responses to the Government acquisition process.
- Complete understanding of general indirect and direct cost structuring.
- Demonstrated experience developing win strategies to include technical courses of action (COA’s) and Price to win.
- Experience in working with senior and executive management to align sales strategies and solutions.
- Advanced project management and leadership skills required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform and/or provide direction and support for the following services:
- Build and maintain the opportunity Capture Plan.
- Qualify all opportunity targets as assigned.
- Build and manage the Capture Team organization as a task organized entity comprised of all CHSi functional departments and coordinate with staff principals for resource inclusion.
- Develop Win Strategies, including Capture Plans, Gate Briefs and communications campaigns (call plans).
Leads solutions development strategy sessions (Blue Teams) providing input based on pursuit customer trends and requirements.
- Execute a comprehensive Call Plan/Office Visit Plan for key customer individuals.
- Develop and manage the Capture Budget, including the sales and marketing and the bid and proposal budgets, updating as required.
- Identify project Key personnel as necessary.
- Conduct competitive assessments with support from the Business Development Administrative Specialist.
- Select relevant Past Performance contracts.
- Prepare and provide information and decision briefings for senior management.
- Schedule and execute Capture Gate reviews IAW, CHSi’s BD process continuum.
- Work in concert with the Proposal Manager in development and execution of a Proposal Management Plan, including technical, management, pricing, and past performance/corporate experience.
- Support the VP/NSM of the assigned market in developing solid customer relationships.
- Attend scheduled site visits as required, participate in job fairs, and attend industry day events.
- Develop appropriate teaming strategies, including negotiation of teaming agreements and work scope.
- Oversee development and presentation of Orals with required.
- Ensure all information relevant to Capture is updated on a regular basis in SalesForce.
- Directs and coordinates CHSi’s Business Development organization and staff to ensure a consistent pipeline of new business opportunities is in-place.
- Maintains a current prioritized pipeline of opportunities as assigned and under Capture.
- Contributes to strategic vision for BD and shares in the responsibility for CHSi’s culture reflects collaboration, teamwork and commitment to the overall success of the organization.
- Prepares White Papers and SOW packages as necessary.
- May lead or participate in interdepartmental project groups or task forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, contract awards, and new policy requirements.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA, VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- May serve on the OSHA, VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
Some travelrequired – 50%.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time. May require bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs. Good eye/hand coordination required.
- Knowledgeable of computer, usual peripherals and common office equipment.
- Work involves extended periods of sitting, computer operation, good eye/hand coordination and lifting up to 10 lbs.
racking Code 8030-120