Identity Managment Technician-Senior
Apply Requisition ID 100137BR Date updated 07/13/2017 Raytheon Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking individuals to serve as Senior Identity Management Analyst in support of a customer program at Special Operations Command (SOCOM), with work location at Ft Bragg, Fort Eustis VA, Virginia Beach VA, and Jacksonville NC.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Provide Identity Management and IdM Assessment Policy support IAW applicable government directions.
- Provide briefings to unit personnel and others directed by the customer
- Collaborate and coordinate with DoD organizations and across other Governmental agencies as the customer directs and mission requires.
- Provide program improvement recommendation for all aspects of the POR to the customer.
- The demonstrated ability to successfully navigate and operate on Government Networks both classified and unclassified.
- Provide Program related guidance to individuals as directed by the customer.
- Develop measures of performance/measures of effectiveness (MOP/MOE) in order to measure results of familiarization briefings.
- Assist with the deliver and execution of POR technician’s course.
- Develop and deliver familiarization videos and content for Computer Based Training (CBT) on POR Topics
- Develop informational packages for distribution to external organizations after government review and approval.
- Develop and maintain the USSOCOM Smart Cards per the directed refresh and update plan.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an Active U.S. Security Clearance (TS/SCI) as of day of employment.
- 3 years’ experience in briefing and directly supporting General and Flag level Officers and Senior Executives.
- 5 years’ experience supporting SOF operations and working with identity related activities/products/providers and Toolsets.
- 10 years’ experience with project management with a proven record of delivering highly complex and technical programs and projects within timelines and budgets.
- 5 years of experience with knowledge of commercial identity management applications and solutions.
- 5 years of experience with conducting online research and analysis for identity discovery, identity vulnerabilities, and identity threats.
- 5 years of experience with knowledge management, legal implications of identity data, and U.S. Policy in conducting offensive and defensive cyber operations.
- Successfully completed Assessment and Selection (A&S) for locations that require the A&S process. IdM Technicians must complete selection during the A&S process to begin work at the designated location.
- 4 years’ experience supporting SOF operations and working with Identity related activities/products/providers/toolsets.
Requisition ID 100137BR