Systems Support Administrator
Tracking Code 316-202
Performs as front line support for all system administration of users, Local Area Network, Local servers, workstations, hardware, and software. Manages inventory of systems software/hardware, and their acquisition. Provides ownership and support of corporate systems where appropriate.
- Evaluates and procures all computer-related hardware/software for the IT department.
- Installs, configures, and supports computer-related hardware/software.
- Ensures all IT standards are complied with, and communicates any discrepancies or change requests to the rest of the IT team.
- Maintains inventory and documentation of all IT supported hardware/software
- Provides front line support of all desktop hardware/software, network connectivity, and server hardware/software issues.
- Performs system administration functions, such as: user administration, corporate applications administration, server file system administration, printing services, faxing services, and basic server administration
- Provides support on networking equipment and services.
- Provides helpdesk services to the user community; locally and corporately.
- Executes planning and coordination of future system installations and upgrades.
- Manages the development, design and support of highly complex programs, projects and processes involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects, initiatives or programs.
- Assists in the education of McNaughton-McKay’s user community.
- Provides support to other IT personnel throughout the company.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of technical experience required. Additional professional work experience in the key responsibilities listed above will be considered in lieu of meeting the degree requirement.
- Advanced understanding of personal computers, operating systems, and networking technology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and associated Office applications.
- Working knowledge of LAN design for assigned office(s).
Reports To: IT Support Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Travel within the region to support other branches may also be required. Must have on-call availability. Work involves a non-typical work schedule for repair and maintenance when equipment is not in use.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Job Location Madison Heights, Michigan, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular